|Date Posted:||Aug 12, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About CTG Global Limited:
CTG Global is a Personnel Management Service Company specialised in Recruitment, Management Consultancy,and Human Resources management services in countries experiencing or emerging from armed conflicts, natural disasters, or acute social and economic crises worldwide. CTG Global provides tailored personnel management support enabling a growing number of public and private sector agencies and individuals to achieve their objectives in complex and challenging environments. CTG Global clients in Afghanistan currently comprise government, UN agencies, non-government organizations (NGOs), and different businesses such a security companies.
Under the supervision of the Officer in Charge (OiC) and in accordance with instructions received from the Chief of Mission, the Field Assistant will support the mission in the implementation of emergency activities, within the framework of IOM's role in inter-agency response coordination mechanisms. He/she will support the OiC in the implementation of emergency activities. The Field Assistant will be tasked with collecting information regarding humanitarian situations and will liaise with other humanitarian actors to ensure participation in and coordination with wider humanitarian initiatives in place.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Field Assistant will form strong links with relevant parties to meet IOMs objectives with respect to overall policy coordination and delivery of humanitarian and emergency assistance. The position requires frequent travels to the Afghan countryside.
Specific duties include:
1. In collaboration with UN Specialized Agencies, national and provincial government
authorities as well as international and national NGOs, facilitate effective delivery of international humanitarian/emergency assistance for emergency/disaster situations; prepare situation reports, apprising of situation to date and specifying requirements of stricken areas.
2. Oversee and monitor distribution of humanitarian assistance and provide written reports with details of distribution process and any associated issues.
3. In coordination with supervisor (OiC), participate and/or assist in organizing meetings, work groups and consultations regarding the planning and implementation of humanitarian assistance.
4. In coordination with supervisor, oversee and monitor distribution of humanitarian assistance and provide written reports with details of distribution process and any associated issues.
5. In coordination with supervisor (OiC), assist national and provincial government authorities in handling emergency situations; ensure appropriate mechanisms to facilitate collaboration and exchange of information both in and outside the IOM system
6. In coordination with supervisor (OiC), monitor, analyze and report on humanitarian developments, disaster relief/management activities or emergency situations; develop and maintain a â€œwatch listâ€ of areas with potential for humanitarian crisis and report this information accordingly.
7. Any other related task that may be assigned by the supervisor in the province office.
8. Liaise with other IOM sub offices, including Kabul, in addition to other departments in IOM such as Finance, Logistics, Security, etc. as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Masters Degree in related/professional field (Desirable)
2. Bachelors Degree in Development, International Studies or related field (Essential)
1. Experience working with UN agency, NGO or international organization (Essential)
2. Experience of liaising with related Government ministries (DoRR, ANDMA) (Desirable)
1. Fluency in English (Essential)
2. Fluency in Dari and Pashto (Essential)
1. Excellent IT skills (Email, internet, word etc) (Essential)
2. Experience in database management (Access) (Desirable)
1. An ability to work with a variety of stakeholders â€“ humanitarian beneficiaries and senior national and international governmental and humanitarian agencies (Essential)
2. An ability to travel extensively throughout Afghanistan (Essential)
3. An awareness of humanitarian issues in Afghanistan (Desirable)
4. Knowledge of contingency planning and needs assessment (Desirable)
5. Excellent time management and organization skills (Essential)
6. Administrative skills (Essential)