|Date Posted:||May 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Communication,Public Relations|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. The Strategy 2020 directs the work of IFRC to save lives and change minds.
The Country Office in Afghanistan supports Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) to work with people no else can reach. IFRC team in Afghanistan is formed by circa 50 staff and its annual operational plans is of circa 5 million Swiss Franc.
An Emergency Appeal seeking 8 million Swiss Francs to enable IFRC to support ARCS in delivering assistance and support up to 674,686 people (approx. 96,384 households) affected by flood and drought for twelve months, was recently launched.
The operation focuses on the following sectors: shelter, health and care; water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and livelihoods and basic needs; disaster risk reduction (DRR), protection, gender and inclusion (PGI) and strengthening the capacity of ARCS. The planned response reflects the current situation and information currently available. It is likely to be adjusted based on further developments and ongoing detailed assessments. Further information is available in the Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA).
The Field Officer – PMER will be part of operations team. S/he will report to the Operations Manager.
S/he liaises with counterparts from ARCS, ICRC and partner national societies. S/he liaises with external partners, such as UN agencies (specially clusters), NGOs, donors, bilateral and multilateral organizations and missions within the mandate of the key tasks and responsibilities set in this job description.
The post holder adds value towards securing quality data and information that constitutes the pillar of high-quality reporting and fundraising efforts when utilized in reports and project proposals. Furthermore, it adds value by making sure that communications material such as high-resolution pictures and original quotes are collected
The Field Officer – PMER contributes to planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting field activities, and supports and assists with communications activities.
Provinces to travel:
- Previous work experience within the humanitarian sector
- Extensive experience with writing and editing of major reports and media material
- Experience with management of external relations
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical abilities
- Open to work with others with different cultural backgrounds
- Advanced knowledge and experience with MS Office
- Understanding of the work of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement (Preferred)
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari
- Fluently spoken and written English
Core competencies: Communications, Collaboration & Teamwork, Judgement & Decision, National Society & Customer Relations, Creativity & Innovation, Building Trust.
Values: Respect for Diversity, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability
Duties & Responsibilities:
Planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting;
- Support, assist and advise counterparts in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting emergency response activities within the emergency plan of action
- Aupport, assist and advise counterparts to meet the requirements for planning, monitoring and reporting:
- needs assessment to inform emergency response
- planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting tools for consistent and quality data collection
- use of templates and forms according to protocols, procedures and guidelines
- data and information collection methodologies, frequency and audience
- Promote adherence to best practices, standards and protocols in line with polices and guidelines
- Perform quality control checks of data and information
- Oversee the recording of data and information
- Report of progress and performance of the emergency operation and emergency plan of action
- Support, assist and advise in the implementation and use of PMER tools and instruments
- Support, assist and advise in the use of a range of quantitative and qualitative methods and various participatory methodologies to monitor and report on emergency response activities
- Prepare and train volunteers and staff in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting activities, and to meet requirements and standards
- Liaise with line/finance manager to make sure that financial reports and supporting documentation are checked and validated
- Support and assist counterparts to prepare and clear working advances
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with counterparts
- Analyse and provide updates on the political, socio-economic and humanitarian situation in the field
- Analyse and provide updates on operational issues and closely liaise with operations manager to address them
- Assist, support and advise to meet donor requirements for the visibility of emergency response field activities
- Produce communications materials for webpages, newsletters, articles and social media
- Interpret during meetings as required
- Liaise with counterparts from ARCS, ICRC and partner national societies
- Liaise with external partners, such as UN agencies and NGOs, and, attend coordination meetings specially cluster meetings
- Represent IFRC within the mandate of the key tasks and responsibilities set in this job description
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Helmand
University degree relevant to communication is a distinct asset (journalism, mass-media, public relations, film making and photography)