|Date Posted:||May 20, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 3, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||82|
|Salary Range:||12000 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
The following three specific objectives are defined to ultimately reach the above stated vision, mission and overall goal;
1.To increase and diversify agricultural production and productivity with a focus to reduce food insecurity and malnutrition among vulnerable populations in rural, urban and peri-urban areas.
2. To create and diversify sources of income for vulnerable households with a focus on income generation through the agricultural sector.
3. To support women and youth groups so as to strengthen and promote their contribution to agricultural and households’ economic development.
The kitchen gardening project is one of the initiatives of Home Economy Directorate, and its overall goal is to reduce the poverty by establish 17500 kitchen gardening with drip irrigation systems,103 green houses and food processing, including establish 4 central based and 120 home based mushroom farms in 4 provinces for the purpose of income generation and food security of interested disadvantaged and vulnerable 17300 women headed families and 200 schools in 17 provinces of the country, to improve food security and to boost livelihoods of poor, widow-headed, disadvantaged and vulnerable families. Also building the capacity of 17500 women in vegetable cultivation and harvesting through kitchen gardening with drip irrigation system
management of green houses and food processing, packaging, local market development, technical skill development, supports women cooperatives, associations, and production groups, and nutrition awareness in mentioned 17 provinces of the country. With focusing on capacity building of 400 teachers and 40,000 students in vegetable cultivation and harvesting, irrigation, installation of drip irrigation system in 200 schools.
Purpose of the Post:
Under the overall guidance of the kitchen gardening project coordinator and Director of Home Economy Directorate in Kabul and Home Economy provincial manger in the provinces, the incumbent shall effectively and efficiently manage the implementation of kitchen gardening project, which includes from project survey, design, project formulation, budgeting, supervision, monitoring, evaluation and timely – based reporting. Moreover, the incumbent shall develop management plans, formulate new concepts, proposal, conduct studies and undertake of new initiatives to expand the poverty reduction at the national – wide
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To develop a clear site plan / management plan, for each targeted women under the coverage and expansion of kitchen gardening project that will including the project scope of work for areas from different aspects such as food security and income generation project management and operation.
2. Establishment of different type of vegetable kitchen and school gardening and green houses with methods of drip irrigation system installation for women.
3. Providing training materials for establishment of different type of vegetable kitchen and school gardening and green house with methods of drip irrigation system installation for women.
4. Organize training session on methods of (land preparation for vegetable cultivation, cultivation of different type of vegetable, irrigation of vegetable, harvesting, packaging, control of vegetable insecticide and pesticides, food importance of vegetable for women.
5. Monitoring and give advice for implementation of kitchen, school gardening and green houses project.
6. Providing monthly, quarterly and annual reports related to the kitchen, school and green houses project.
To have Afghan citizenship
don’t be less than 18 and over 60 years old
the candidate must be at least School Graduate, preference will be given to Institute or Bachelor degree in Agriculture or Economics
1- Excellent communication and English-writing skills.
2- Skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint