|Date Posted:||Jun 10, 2020|
|Reference:||MoT/NRA/SRTAP/99 - 021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 4, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 3.5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Transport (MoT) Sustainable Reform & Technical Assistance Project (SRTAP):
Governmental office The Ministry of Transport (MoT) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Railway and Airport in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MoT the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from development Budget for the Ministry of Transport (MoT).
The Finance & Accounting Technical Assistant is expected to drive best practices in financial management, management and administrative management within the organization to maximize efficiency and growth. She/he will manage a team oversee financial management, donors’ relations, administration activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· The technical assistant is responsible to support the director of finance and accounting in preparing of weekly, monthly and annual plans and reports.
· Provide technical support in implementation of plans.
· Maintain an accurate soft and hard copies of financial documents; ensure that proper procedures are followed for all financial documentation filing system.
· Support the department in following of financial procedures, processes, analyze of invoices and purchase order under immediate manager.
· Provide technical assistant to finance director in management of program resources effectively and efficiently
· Assist the Finance Director in preparing monthly and yearly budget projections for each fiscal year.
· Process prepare and ensure timely payments to MoT employees, contractors, suppliers and vendors.
· Develop list of projects, budget expenditure and other financial related activities and make it update on daily, weekly and monthly bases.
· Ability to prepare and present the preparation of budget, plans and other activities to top management/other relevant department.
· Support the department in implementing of financial policies.
· Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
· Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
· Any other assignment as required by the supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management and Economics.
· 3 years of relevant experience with governmental organizations, Ministries, Independent Directorates, UN Offices or International NGOs.
· Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
· Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
· Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera)
· Copy of verified last Posting Contract
· Certificate’s and Appreciation Letter’s
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be flexible, well organized, accountable and dependable.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Word and Excel is required.
· Ability to divide tasks within the area of his/her responsibility
· Proficiency in English, Pashto and Dari writing and speaking.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Self-discipline, integrity, and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines are required.
· Motivation/Self Reliance
· Team Work Ability