|Date Posted:||Jul 31, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 4, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||12 - 17 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Hawk Vision :
Hawk Vision-Afghanistan is a registered and an ISO: 2015 certified firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. Hawk Vision operates in the consulting and engineering industries providing wide-range of services to clients across the country and outside. As a leading professional service provider, Hawk Vision has been engaged in the provision of multi-sector services including rural development, awareness campaigns, capacity building & training, HRD, women empowerment, survey and research, monitoring and evaluation, engineering and management information system.
Hawk Vision is implementing the USAID funded project titled Financial and Operational Capacity Building (FOCB). The project aims to build the capacity of a higher education institute's staff in advanced financial management system. Therefore, we are looking for a Financial Management Advisor to review the current financial system of the Afghan Higher Education Institute. The incumbent will conduct a comprehensive assessment in order to identify gaps and improve shortcomings of Finance capacity of HEI’s current system by providing classroom and on-the-job training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct baseline assessment of current financial policies and SOPs’ of HEI.
- Conduct in-person interview with HEI’s staff based on findings.
- Work closely and collaboratively with HEI’s staff and track their daily activities.
- Plan, organize and conduct training courses for HEI’s finance department staff on different aspects of financial management.
- Develop an accounting manual through a consultative process and train program staff to adopt an effective accounting and financial monitoring system.
- Establish electronic, as well as a manual, filing system to maintain accurate and updated accounting records and documents, including all transaction vouchers, ledgers, bank statements, agreements, receipts, etc.
- Apply all account cycle statement
- Advise and support finance staff to integrate financial procedures and systems and develop and track program progress and management performance.
- Conduct on-the-job-training and practical workshops on the development of financial plans and the preparation of annual budgets.
- Build the finance team’s capacity to develop financial reports for designated departments.
- Support the establishment and implementation of an effective Financial Monitoring Reporting mechanism.
- Build the finance team’s capacity to prepare various financial statements and financial reports on a time-bound basis.
- Advise the Finance Team on the preparation and processing of financial forms on a timely basis to avoid any delays.
- Assist in establishing a professional financial management and accounting database system for the department, especially in managing the accounting system according to best practices.
- Manage and maintain afghan tax and taxation law.
- Submit a report package to line supervisor/COP quarterly before quarterly meeting, package should include the followings:
- A complete package of internal financial statements;
- The current cash position report;
- Aged accounts receivable and accounts payable listings;
- List of any/all receivables recommended for write-off;
- All proposed policies, manuals or standard operating procedures requiring senior management approval;
- Latest reports issued intended to provide the management with clear and transparent information to clearly assess all progress made by the HEI.
- Provide regular technical assistance, couching and mentoring to HEI’s finance department.
- Deliver presentations to HEI’s Management on finance related issues.
- Submit a written report on the assessment financial system of HEI to line supervisor.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly progress reports against the HEI’s progress and adherence to the baseline assessment and action plans to correct identified deficiencies.
- To develop organizational policy and strategy and implement them across the HEI’s finance department.
- Perform any other assigned tasks by Supervisor and COP.
- Master degree in relevant field with at least 12 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience as embedded advisor at USAID funded projects, UN funded and the Afghan Ministries will be given a high priority.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting software.
- Capability to explain complex financial information simply and clearly.
- A target-driven mindset
- Ability to develop policy, strategy, plans, SOPs and manuals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft office, MS Excel, Power Point
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness to be flexible in work-hours at times.
- Should be fluent in English, and local languages.