|Date Posted:||Aug 10, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 25, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Financial/Budget Planning,HUMAN RESOURCE ,Admin Clerical ,Security & Risk Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British humanitarian and development organisation operating in Afghanistan. For close to forty years we have worked with millions of deprived, excluded and vulnerable families in some of the poorest and most remote communities in Afghanistan. We build basic services, improve livelihoods, and strengthen the rights of women and children, help communities protect against natural disasters and adapt to climate change, and respond to humanitarian emergencies.
Our community-led approach gives ordinary Afghans a voice in their own development, making them active participants in shaping the future of their country. With our years of experience, our majority Afghan team, and our deep understanding of local, cultural and ethnic issues, we have earned great trust and respect among the communities we work alongside. This has allowed us to gain access to some of the most underserved areas of the country.
The Finance & Operations Manager works alongside project Managers to provide professional and timely financial, administrative, logistical, Security and human resource management support. As a member of the Provincial Senior Management Team (SMT), the post holder is responsible for the smooth running of day-to-day finance and operations tasks; analysis of systems and processes and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Finance/Accounting & Treasury:
- Ensure that sufficient cash is available to meet immediate operational needs at provincial and district level in close collaboration with project managers and coordinators as well as Head Office finance.
- Check and verify forms and vouchers to ensure that they are properly completed; the required supporting documents are attached; all donor, organisational and statutory requirements are complied with and that they are duly approved in line with the approval authority limits in place.
- Ensure that expenditure is coded and captured correctly in the accounting system in terms of amounts, budget codes/lines, general ledger codes, project codes as well as any other analysis codes as may be applicable.
- Maintain cash controls such as regular cash counting and ensure that cash in hand and bank accounts are reconciled at least once a month.
- Maintain and monitor staff and supplier accounts to ensure that correct balances are reflected in the financial management system.
- Conduct physical verification of assets at provincial and district levels as well as facilitate their disposal/write-off in line with organisational policy and the Afghanistan NGO law.
- Ensure a fair and equitable charging of common/shared costs among projects based on cost allocation methodologies in line with Afghanaid and donor policies.
- Ensure timely submission of tax returns for the province.
- Promptly assist Programme Managers and PDRM personnel in the development proposal and operational budgets.
- Provide Programme Managers with complete, timely, accurate and reliable financial information as well as discuss financial reports; establish and monitor follow-up action plans with them.
- Implement necessary corrective actions against the internal control weaknesses identified in the internal and external audits reports.
- Liaise with Head Office staff regarding provincial financial matters.
Administration & Logistics:
- Supervise and/or implement the day-to-day administration and logistics activities of the Provincial Office and maintain appropriate manual and computerised records.
- Ensure that all materials required for the projects are provided at the right quality, time and place as per request and that all purchases are made in a cost effective manner and in accordance with Afghanaid policy and procedure.
- Establish, maintain and oversee up-to-date district and provincial office records, ordering, issuance/assignment, repair and maintenance of all fixed assets and inventory items.
- Ensure proper coordination of meetings and workshops/conferences and associated services such as transport and lodging, for the provincial office.
- Ensure all legal obligations of the offices and guest houses, e.g. lease agreement, maintenance contracts, are fulfilled and renewed in a timely manner.
- Be active promoter of healthy, safe and well maintained living/working environments.
- Ensure and that hygienic and proper food and drinks are served to staff
- Supervise, mentor and train administration and logistics staff.
- Act as a liaison person with Head Office Operations for technical support.
- Prepare a procurement plan and ensure timely procurement of services, goods and materials following Afghanaid’s as well as the donor’s procurement and logistics rules and regulations.
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly spending forecasts linked to the project documents and monitor budget utilization.
Human Resources (HR):
- Take the lead in the recruitment of project staff with support of the Human Resources department in a transparent manner and in accordance with the Afghanaid policy and labour law.
- Ensure all recruitment at provincial level is conducted in a transparent manner and in accordance with the Afghanaid policy and labour law as well as actively promote the employment of women.
- Ensure that all records of all current and former personnel across the province are complete, accurate and up to date at all times; including payroll records and where required, submitted to head office in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the safe and secure movement of staff and visitors and recording in the registration books.
- Ensure that all staff have performance objectives set and they are reviewed regularly in a timely manner.
- Ensure all staff have clarity about their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure the senior project staff have performance objectives and regular one-on-one meetings.
- Provide technical guidance and capacity development to the project team; build the capacity of staff through coaching, mentoring and exploring learning opportunities.
- Deliver required trainings and mentor female middle management staff to ensure project has significant qualified women
- Determine the need for hiring part time staff for technical input, draft terms of reference and commission part time staff on a needs basis.
- Take responsibility for managing the security of project staff and assets, in close coordination with the Head of Security and the line manager.
- Ensuring that Afghanaid vehicles, premises and equipment are compliant with basic security standards;
- To liaise with line managers at district level and coordinate security related information on behalf of provincial office, get security update from all district and report to HO in daily bases and security briefings to all staff, visitors to the programme upon arrival.
- Provide road security clearance and track all staff movement within the same province as well as between Provincial office and HO in daily bases in close coordination with Head of Security and district Managers.
- Monitoring of security guards circuit/patrol, ensure registration of all items in/out, vehicles movement, visitor log books and registration and visitor’s cards.
- Attend all NGO related security meeting at provincial level, share the minutes with provincial project manager and HS and circulate all security related hot issues/incidents to all provincial staff from available sources including INSO.
Any other duties as and when assigned by the line manager.
Education & Professional Qualification
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related discipline and studying towards a professional accounting qualification. From a well-recognized University
At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience in finance and operations management, of which at least two year should be in managerial position with national or international organisations.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
- Proficiency in computer software including Accounting Software, MS Office etc.
- Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
- Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members
- Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
- A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
- Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
- Sensitivity to gender issues.
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
- Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
10. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener