|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||18|
|Salary Range:||15000 - 20000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Quest Financial Services:
Quest Financial Services is an accounting company based in Kabul, Afghanistan, providing professional financial services to international organizations and Afghan businesses. Led by an American CPA and staffed by qualified Afghans, the Quest team combines international best practices with local Afghan knowledge to provide a comprehensive set of accounting and tax services. Quest Financial Services specializes in outsourced accounting services, tax advisory and compliance, financial system implementation, and training.
This is a six-month position. There are openings for 12-18 female Finance Assistants in each of three regions (Kabul, Mazar, and Herat). Each of the selected Finance Assistants will be assigned to a local business for their work assignment. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the overall financial activities at the assigned local business, reporting to the business owner but working under the guidance of a professional finance mentor from Quest as part of an established financial training program.
Requires travel to provinces:
- At least 1.5 years professional work experience.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge/experience operating QuickBooks accounting software will be asset.
- Written and spoken Dari and English. Pashto also preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the finance mentor to complete client business assessment and workplans while cooperating with the finance mentor to determine a suitable accounting system for the business.
- With assistance from finance mentor, prepare migration plan for the business from current accounting system to the new system, if business has an unfit accounting system.
- Cooperate with finance mentor in order to create/develop financial system for the business.
- Under guidance of finance mentor, post all opening balances to the accounting system and file proper documentation.
- Develop financial practices and procedures together with the assigned finance mentor and business.
- Under guidance of finance mentor, prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual businesses sales/revenue reports.
- Establish and maintain cash controls, daily cash reconciliations, advances, and liquidations.
- Prepare, maintain and reconcile cash books, and bank statements.
- Establish and maintain Account Receivables/Payables.
- Support Business with cash transactions with bank, including withdrawing cash and preparing bank reconciliation statements.
- Under guidance of finance mentor, support business with preparing all financial statements.
- Under guidance of finance mentor, support businesses with tax clearance.
- Maintain appropriate filing systems for accounting documents and financial reports.
- And any other tasks as deemed necessary in order to improve and sustain good accounting and financial system in the client business.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Herat, Balkh
- Bachelor’s Degree graduate (or in final semester) in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration.
- 3 ACCA papers passed OR a finance certification course.