|Date Posted:||May 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education and health.
At present, it is seeking exceptional individuals or firms to fill the national position of Finance Coordinator at its Kabul Office.
The Finance Coordinator will play a key role in overseeing AKF’s financial relationships with partner organizations for different grants as well as having significant delegated responsibility for financial management within AKF’s program. One of the key functions of this position is to coordinate/liaise with the program units’ regional teams and implementing partners. The Finance Coordinator will support the Grants Finance Manager to deliver efficient and compliant financial management support to AKF’s program.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
· Attention to details, Analytical skill
· Multitasking, Flexibility, Initiative
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop strong relationships with all regional teams to enhance their understanding of finance and build their knowledge; develop strong relationships with non-financial staff of AKF in remote offices who will be responsible for day-to-day financial reporting and accounting.
· Reconciling grant balances with the iSCALA system on quarterly basis with annual audited financial statements & with Grant Audited Financial Statements.
· Preparing budget allocations and revisions for National office regions and sectors on yearly basis.
· Lead on the completion of regular internal financial processes as directed by the Grants Finance Manager.
· Preparation review and consolidation of financial reports in close coordination with program, implementing partner and regional teams. Ensure that systems are in place to monitor expenses on quarterly basis and liaise closely with the implementing partner, Regional finance team and budget holders to support the analysis of variance.
· Liaison with Implementing partner, regions for effective grant financial management.
· Maintain an easily accessible updated transparent accurate filing system for financial documents.
· Coordination with monitors/review teams’ provision of information and details.
· Preparation and coordinating Co-Finance budget revisions and In-kind contribution templates.
· Comply with all relevant AKF policies and procedures with respect to child protection health and safety equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
· Provide management support to implementing partner and within the finance team.
· Develop strong relationships with donor, partner agencies, regional team and attend stakeholder’s coordination meeting.
· Engage and support financial management of partners.
· Financial review of the grants and monitor the expenses on quarterly basis.
· Having experience in management of off budget grant.
· Maintain proper record (hard and soft) for audit purpose
· Contribute to develop the project financial proposal.
· Facilitate the audit process with donor and implementing partners
· To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Historical data analysis.
· Audit documentation
· Perform any other related duty assigned by the supervisor
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
· Check the variances and provide feedback to the supervisor.
· Check the budget availability of fund.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
· At least 3-5 years’ work experience in the same field with national and international organizations
· Strong supervision and monitoring skills
· Excellent computer knowledge (MS Excel Iscala) in Accounting and Finance
· Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.