|Date Posted:||May 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The Finance Director will support the project’s financial and accounting activities. S/he will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to ensure accurate and efficient accounting systems and procedures.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare vouchers for cash disbursements, reviewing receipts and documentation according to MSI policies;
· Work with the DCOP to prepare payroll for staff, including timesheets review for approvals;
· Enter data into QuickBooks and ensure regular communications with MSI’s home office;
· Prepare the monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements, to be reviewed and approved by the Deputy Chief of Party and COP;
· Prepare checks, bank/cash/journal vouchers and per diem for staff;
· Track local staff payroll and contractors tax payments for the Ministry of Finance (MoF);
· Prepare and submit tax payment receipts to the MoF;
· Review Purchase Order, Service Agreement Payment Tracking Sheets for accuracy and completeness on a weekly basis and report any discrepancies to the DCOP;
· Prepare project monthly expenditure reports, ensuring that they are accurate for DCOP.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in finance, administration, or a related area;
· A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated relevant experience with similar international, donor-funded programs (USG experience is highly desirable);
· Strong computer skills, including ease and skill in using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet and Microsoft Windows applications are required.