|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2010|
|Reference:||VA # FIN 013 March 24 2010 Urgent|
|Closing Date:||Apr 2, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The role of the Finance Manager is to receive all completed worksheet accounts from the STEP H.Q Accountant, (USD$ and AFS accounts) check all accounts for accuracy and completeness, prepare the monthly reports of all accounts into STEP accounting system (Quick Books) to produce Financial Accounts for Counterpart STEP Afghanistan Program, supervise the sub contracts financial reporting and prepare monthly cash projection for STEP Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Receive Account electronic worksheet by the 7th of every month from STEP H.Q, check that all the postings are correct, including coding, and reconciling account opening and closing balances in the worksheets with Quick Books balances.
2. Receive completed electronic worksheets for cash books managed in Kabul office by the Office Accountant every day for uploading in Quick Book. Verify all entries with the supporting payment vouchers and receipt vouchers and check all vouchers for correctness in recording/ coding.
3. Supervising the sub contractsâ€™ monthly financial reports
4. Ensure a smooth reporting mechanism between the sub contractors and the STEP Project
5. Evaluate and monitor the financial management of sub contractors
6. Assist the contracts officer in checking the sub contractors financial reports
7. Prepare the monthly payroll for Local staff; the payroll should be approved by the Program Director for payment.
8. Prepare the Budget Vs Actual report for internal STEP program,
9. Prepare cash request for operation, program and subcontractors from Head Quarter, by the end of each month
10. Develop communication between the sub contractors and the STEP Office
11. Prepare month end financial report, review by Program Director and then send to Head Quarter.
12. Review the Bank Reconciliation Statements for all accounts maintained by the STEP office.
13. Perform weekly, monthly and spot cash counts with accountant in the STEP office.
14. Calculate the monthly exchange rate using weighted average in the excel worksheets.
15. Review the expense financial reports and compare with the field expenses, in addition to assisting in the preparation of the financial pipeline report
16. Update staff tracking sheet every month.
17. Any other duties that the direct supervisor may request.
1. Degree in accountancy, finance or economics
2. At least 3 years practical experience in accounting
3. Experience in USAID contracts financial reporting requirements
4. Computer literacy, including proven experience with computerized accounting packages, word processing and spreadsheets (preferably Word and Excel).
5. Ability to work as part of a team,
6. Good interpersonal skills
7. Systematic and organized
8. Ability and willingness to travel to projects
9. Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, with minimum supervision
10. Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the goals of STEP
11. Strong written and verbal skills in the English language