|Date Posted:||Jul 30, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Aug 19, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Voice of Women Organization:
Voice of Women Organization (VWO) is an Afghanistan based national NGO operating in the Western Region of Afghanistan. VWO is striving to utilize the international assistance in the best interest of the Afghan communities through projects in various sectors, especially in approaching women rights and women empowerment in the society.
S/he works under the direct supervision of Executive Director and is required to carry out all Finance listed in this JD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Managing the finance department functions to ensure that all laws and regulations are followed.
2) Establish and maintain standard forms for all VWO financial processes (In collaboration with management team & departments head).
3) Preparation and submitting to donors the VWO projects’ monthly and/or quarterly financial reports due on donor requirements for 9 projects.
4) Analyzing monthly budget utilization rates in order to ensure the effective use of the resources.
5) Preparation of monthly budget control sheets in order to detect and report the high risk under/over spending lines’ balances to program department heads and Executive Director.
6) Preparation of new projects’ proposal budgets in coordination with program coordinator and other relevant department in a committee.
7) Review of budget forecasts to ensure they are in accordance with VWO donors’ approved budgets and work plan.
8) Managing regular fund availability for all VWO projects through on time reporting and arrangement of fund requests with respective donors.
9) Review of invoices prepared for fund request from donor agencies.
10) Managing financial functions and being in touch with donor agencies regarding financial issues.
11) Providing necessary responses/justifications for the comments and observations raised through donors.
12) Attending meetings with donor agencies regarding financial issues.
13) Perform periodic check of financial records for each office and make plans for corrective action as needed.
14) Managing with IT and finance staff in each office to assure finance hardware and software are working properly and to support financial system requirements.
15) Assist HR in designing job description, screening candidates and selecting new finance staff for all VWO offices.
16) Oversee continued training and skill building for improving finance staff capacity in all VWO offices.
17) Work with project coordinators and HR to design and carry out trainings necessary for different level of program staff to carry out their financial management responsibilities.
18) Provide quarterly, semiannual and yearly reporting to VWO donors
19) Collect and review of annual budget templates for each project, discussing problems with project coordinator/Executive Director as necessary.
20) Be the primary point of contact for internal and external audits in preparing managing schedules as well as assuring that the documentation is available.
21) Ensure production, accuracy and on-time delivery of all reports required by the Government of Afghanistan.
22) Direct supervision of finance staff with the scope of their positions (senior finance officer, finance officer, project accountants & admin/finance officer “cashier”) working for specific offices.
23) To check and control incurred expenses in accordance with proper budget lines.
24) To conduct surprise cash counts to the cashier on regular basis to ensure accuracy of cash balances.
25) Guide project supervisors, Logistic and procurement officers and other involved individuals on the procurement issues in terms of compliance of the financial requirements as per VWO policies.
26) Be in touch with site offices regarding financial issues.
27) To conduct self-performance appraisal and report it to supervisor once each six months in order to ensure both professionally and personally in such manner as to bring credit to VWO but not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission for women in Afghanistan.
28) Perform any other relevant assignments/ duties that might be assigned from time to time by immediate supervisor.
Bachelor in Economics or other related field, Master degree is desired.
Related field experience requirements (Bachelor degree with 7 years, Master degree with 5 years.
Excellent communication and analytical skills
Having excellent oral and written communication skills in Dari/Persian and English
Ability to work with M.S. Office Suite specially Excel Spreadsheet & Outlook, Internet browsing and QuickBooks knowledge and experience is highly preferred.
Possess initiative and ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision