|Date Posted:||Nov 6, 2019|
|Reference:||VA # 0016-19|
|Closing Date:||Nov 13, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 3 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc as required.
In-depth knowledge of accounting and tax principles. And provide tax compliance and advisory services to the company.
Must have ability and experience in Afghanistan tax law, complex tax matters and perform tax planning.
Ensure account receivables and payable activities are performed accurately and timely.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities for the position:
· Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget.
· Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc as required.
· In-depth knowledge of accounting and tax principles. And provide tax compliance and advisory services to the company.
· Must have ability and experience in Afghanistan tax law, complex tax matters and perform tax planning.
· Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
· Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
· Manage the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, expense reports, etc.
· Ensure data integrity in all financial reporting.
· Update financial records with recent transactions and changes. Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks.
· Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
· Job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation strategies.
· Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
· Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and
· customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
· Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analysing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
· Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
· Monitors financial performance by measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
· Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with the investment community.
· Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
· Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
In general, tasks across roles may include:
· Providing and interpreting financial information;
· Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends; analyzing change and advising accordingly;
· To provide tax compliance and advisory services to the company.
· Formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
· Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance;
· Developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk;
· Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
· Managing a company's financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
· Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
· Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue;
· Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines; managing budgets;
· Arranging new sources of finance for a company's debt facilities; supervising staff;
· Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor of Business/ Economic or equivalent ( Certified Public Accountant [CPA or ACCA])
· Atleast 5+ years of experience progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation,(Candidates with knowledge and working experience in banking sector will be preferred).
· Candidate should have experience with chartered accounts, equivalent as a; in working in all fields of business and finance, including audit, taxation, financial and general management.
· Have experience in public practice work, as well in private sector and government sector. Be able to facilitate special interest groups which lead in their fields.
· Preference will be given to candidates with banking experience. Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management.
· Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets, and Quick Book.
· Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiative and discipline.
· Willing to work weekends when necessary.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter to the mention email, Please include the name of position & Vacancy no in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Please note that applications received after the closing date (November 13, 2019) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.