|Date Posted:||Jun 8, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 7, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Cricket Board:
The Afghanistan Cricket Board was established in 2001. It is an independent and specialized organization in the field of Cricket. It works for the development of cricket, and players in the country, and organizes different formats of opportunities aiming to improve cricket and support players. Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Therefore, applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience.
The Finance Manager is responsible for all of the financial operations and finance staff within the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB).
The Manager implements policies and processes to ensure attainment of the ACB’s strategic goals and provides management, direction and structure for all finance functions, especially financial recording and reporting – ensuring that these are conducted accurately, on time and as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all financial functions of the ACB with responsibilities including.
- Maintain day-to-day financial control of the service within Cashier.
- Developing the ACB annual budget and ensuring compliance with it by all Departments.
- Monitoring and evaluating all ACB financial operations, at least quarterly, and submitting recommendations to the management for improved systems if current operations are inadequate.
- Ensuring accurate, complete recording and regular entry of all financial transactions of the ACB.
- Supervise cash management processes.
- Ensuring accurate and monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Budget comparison reports and ensure that budgets are not over-spent and that donor and sponsor requirements are met within the budget
- Bank statement reconciliations and take necessary follow up actions to correct discrepancies
- Submitting accurate monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports, at the required time, to the management.
- Forecasting income and expenditure.
- Ensuring compliance with all ACB finance policies and procedures, including strategic plans and constitutional requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with all financial audit requirements including the ACB constitutional requirements as well as those of the ICC, ACC, the Ministry of Finance and other donors and sponsors.
- Manage relationships with banking institutions and ensure good working relationships with government entities.
- Ensuring that the ACB operates in all its operations with complete financial transparency and integrity.
- Closely monitor all ACB financial activities and immediately report any suspected violation of policy or procedure, fraud or embezzlement of ACB resources by staff or others.
- Prepare analytical and comparative reports showing different financial statistics of ACB
- Suggest and implement financial policy for better Management of the funds
- Guiding Management in major financial decisions.
- Oversea finance department activities and make sure transaction occurs according to the annual budget and financial policy
- Prepare Financial reports for ICC, MoF and other stack holders
- Identify areas of the potential improvement including proper tracking of all financial activities and minimize the financial risks
- To perform any relevant task which is assigned by line manager
- Minimum ACCA finalist. ACCA member shall be preferred.
- 7 years of experience in related filed.
- Ability to use different accounting software.
- Strong understanding of theoretical and practical cricket issues including familiarity with ICC and ACC rules.
- Writing skills and demonstrated the ability to develop written reports and action plans in both English and local languages.
- Familiar with government financial or tax policy
- Ability to work with business leads and creative teams to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned staff.