|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Land Authority:
ARAZI is seeking for a qualified national Finance Manager who can take the overall charge of financial management, budgetary issues, financial reporting, financial plan, in compliance with standards financial systems.
The incumbent will report to the Operations Director and Deputy Director on regular and on ad hoc basis. He/she will have full knowledge Afghanistanâ€™s financial rules and regulations as well as taxes issues. The incumbent will splendidly perform the following tasks and duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
2.Administer and Monitor the financial system
4.Development of Financial management systems, procedures and tools
5. Staff Management
- Build, maintain and improve an accurate, effective,
non-time consuming financial system and procedures
- Advise and bring any necessary changes in financial procedures to bring ease in financial operations of ARAZI in
conjunction to operation department.
- Establish, maintain and upgrade computerized financial system.
- Execute day to day financial practices to support ARAZIâ€™s operational requirements
- Ensuring all the transactions are properly implemented.
- Review and analyse all transactions to be in accordance with budget lines and control for accuracy of the transactions.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Maintain financial files and records
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly financial statement.
- Prepare income and expenditure statement
- Prepare balance sheet
- Assist in Audit Process
- Take part on preparing ARAZI â€™s annual report.
Administer and Monitor the financial system
- Implement and improve the existing Financial Policies and Procedures of ALA
Financial performance analysis
- Take responsibilities for overall financial management and delivery of the business plan.
- Regular or upon request reporting to operation head on general /specific financial matters
- Regular or upon request preparation and submitting all financial reports to the donor, governmental or any other
- Maintain sound relationship with the donor agencies; - prepare monthly reports accurately meeting the deadlines.
- Prepare quarterly reports and reports on variance
- Any other duties/task assigned.
- Develop financial system and procedures,
- Verify and develop the financial systems and procedures.
- Regularly update and monitor the systems and procedures.
- Supervise and guide the finance officer, procurement officer and the junior accountant.
- Provide periodic and regular training sessions to the relevant staff.
- Update and familiarize the whole ARAZIsâ€™ staff on the financial rules and regulations
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Economics / Finance, Masterâ€™s degree preferable
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the same field with the reputable national, international and UN organizations
- Generally Accepted accounting principals
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of financial reports
- Understanding of governmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
- Computerized Accounting Programs such as QuickBooks, excel sheets, Tally software, any other accounting software
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Stress management skills
- Report writing skills
- Trustworthy, patient, and accurate
- Managerial skills