|Date Posted:||Jun 1, 2010|
|Reference:||WRDIP - MEW - FMPIO - FM|
|Closing Date:||Jun 11, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 80000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Water Resources Development Project:
The Finance Officer will have responsibility of managing the financial reporting and processes of the Project Implementation Office based in Taloqan. He/She will report to the PIO Director and coordinate work-plans with the Finance Department of Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW) and the Project Officer at the Ministry of Finance (MOF).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. In coordination with the PMO Office in Kabul, provide project administrative and financial management support as required by the PIO.
2. Work with the Consultants in processing payment applications of all contracts tendered for the Flood Management Component of Water Resources Development Investment Program (WRDIP).
3. Work with the Project Management Consultantâ€™s in establishing separate accounts for the FM Component under a comprehensive computerized financial management system adequate to allow ready identification of the goods and services and other items of expenditure financed out of the ADB grant proceeds and to fully disclose the use of funds from various sources for Project purposes;
4. Maintain separate accounts established in (4) above in accordance with sound accounting principles acceptable to both the Ministry of Finance and ADB;
5. Prepare annual audit in accordance with appropriate auditing standards, consistently applied by independent auditors whose qualifications, experience and terms of reference are acceptable to both ADB and the Ministry of Finance;
6. Set up and operate a second generation imprest account for ADB loan funds at an acceptable commercial bank in Takhar Province acceptable to both ADB and the Ministry of Finance in full accordance with the procedures detailed in ADBâ€™s Disbursement Handbook;
7. Undergo on-the-job and formal training including use of the accounting system and all other tools put in place to prepare MEW staff to take over the financial management of the project as provided by the Project Management Consultants.
8. Assist the Consultants as directed by the PIO Director.
9. Other duties as assigned by the PIO Director.
The candidate must have a Degree in Finance, Engineering Management and/ or Accounting. More than five years of experience in project financial management. Major achievements in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements. Preference would be given to candidates with experience in Procurement and Contract Preparation.