|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Land Authority:
ARAZI is seeking for a qualified national Finance Officer who can take the overall charge of payment and cash control, managing office operation, payroll and salary management, support and monitor Araziâ€™s financial system.
The incumbent will report to the Finance Manager on regular and on ad hoc basis. He/she will have full knowledge Afghanistanâ€™s financial rules and regulations as well as taxes issues. The incumbent will splendidly perform the following tasks and duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Payment and Cash Control
2. Managing office Operations
3. Payroll and salary Management
4. Support the administration and monitoring of Araziâ€™s financial system
Payment and Cash Control
- Maintain the purchase order system
- Issue, code and authorize all purchase orders
- Ensure all expenditures are managed in compliance with relevant Araziâ€™s internal and external policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain supplierâ€™s accounts.
- Process supplierâ€™s invoices
- Develop, maintain and update all financial files
- Prepare and reconcile bank statement
- Issues cheques for all accounts due
- Establish and maintain cash control
- Ensure the data is entered into the system
- Managing all financial issues of the clients land leased payments tracking, coordination with the relevant departments for further follow up.
- Responsible for payment of vehicles, fuel and maintenance, service charges, etc.
- Regular reconciliation of all expenditures, payments with the budget lines.
- Execute day to day financial practices to support Araziâ€™s operational requirements
- Assist in audit process
Managing Office Operation
- Identify and order office supplies
- Manage the filing, storage and security of the documents
- Respond to inquiries
- Proceed to the payment for repairs and maintenance of computers and office equipments.
- Assist in budget preparation
- Prepare journal summaries
Payroll and Salary Management
- Establish employees files in the computerized accounting system
- Document new employees
- Verify and code timesheets and hours worked
- Enter payroll information into accounting system
- Calculate employees salaries, deduction and contributions
- Administer benefits entitlement
- Verify and reports on benefits payments
- Verify leave records
- Calculate and action deduction
- Prepare, review and files payroll summaries, journals and reports.
- Regular reconciliation of all salary payments, taxes, and remission to MoF.
- Issue records of employment
- Process and take care the accounts of terminated employees
- Maintain confidential employees files
Support the administration and monitoring of ALA financial System.
- Maintain and give suggestions to improve payroll system, benefits and allowances.
- Implement all Financial Policies and Procedures of Arazi
- Take initiative to bring ease in the payroll system
- To coordinate with HR department on employees status
- To give accurate, proper and timely report on employees status, salary, files etc.
- Assist in Audit process
The list above is not exhaustive and can evolve in the course of the employment contract.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Economics, BBA, Management and other related fields
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in the same field with national and international organizations
- Generally Accepted accounting principals
- Computerized Accounting Program
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Banking knowledge
- Office Administration
- Understanding of governmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
- Computerized Accounting Programs such as QuickBooks, excel sheets, Tally software, any other accounting software
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Trustworthy, patient, and accurate.
- Ability to work under pressure