|Date Posted:||Oct 10, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 16, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC) is a global nonprofit organization that designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the worldâ€™s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Working with public-sector and private partners, we harness the power of people and systems to improve education, health promotion and care, workforce preparation, communications technologies, and civic engagement. EDC conducts 350 projects in 35 countries around the world. The Skills Training for Afghan Youth (STAY Positive) project works to mobilize and strengthen at-risk youth to contribute to the economic development and security of Afghanistan. To achieve its goal of engaging and preparing youth for their roles in the world of work, society and family life, STAY Positive provides education and workforce development opportunities for out-of-school youth, builds the capacity of existing vocational education centers, enhances gender awareness and participation and helps strengthen the capacity of Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan ministries to better support youth programs. First year program activities will be carried out in Nangarhar, Kunar, Laghman and Kandahar.
Responsible for the over all financial issues and transactions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Manage the preparation and submission of the STAY Afghanistan monthly expenditure reports, ensuing that they are accurate.
2) Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in a computerized accounting system and ensure that accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented.
3) Develop a plan to monitor all project-related funds. Design and manage prefect audits and financial reviews.
4) Conduct regular and surprise cash counts and verify Cash in safe.
5) Review staff payroll, prepare pay slips and transfer staff salaries to their accounts upon authorization.
6) Prepare monthly and regular reports of Expense Vouchers, Advance Vouchers, and Bank Vouchers.
7) Reconcile all ledger accounts in QuickBooks specially Receivable and payable Accounts.
8) Perform any other related duties assigned by line supervisor
1) Should have knowledge of Quick books
2) Should have minimum of 4 years experience with recognized institutions.
3) Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
4) Solid computer skill can be a plus