|Date Posted:||May 31, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 9, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities of the Finance assistant will include but are not limited to:
1. Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditure, balances, payments, statements and other day to day transactions and reports.
2. Ensure that all financial management components of projects are implemented according to donor and governmental finance and expenditure management law and regulations.
3. Assist Finance Manager in FMR, SoE and bank reconciliation.
4. Preparing financial management reports for the MoE, MoF and Donors for projects funded through the government and donors.
5. Processing budget allocations with the budget departments of the MoF.
6. Processing all payments to individual consultants and firms.
7. Reconciling all reports with implementers, donors and MoF.
8. Receiving financial reports from implementing partners for projects that are funded from MoE donor programs, compiling them and reporting to the MoE management and MoF.
11. Conducts of project internal control audits, and recommend actions necessary to correct internal control weaknesses. Facilitates and co-ordinates external, internal, donor or government audit.
12. Ensure the protection of the MoE assets, (cash and inventory) through the enforcement of internal control policies and procedures.
13. Preparation of SoE and replenishment of special account in MoF.
14. Ensure that timely and realistic cash projection sheets are raised by concerned project and administration staff and those funds are available accordingly.
15. As and when suggested by the Coordinator/Supervisor you may undertake field visits to verify assets, perform internal audit, and participate in tendering process and provide any other support to MoE central and provincial offices and projects as may be required commensuration your areas of expertise.
16. Other duties as assigned by Finance Manager
1. Qualification Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or similar.
2. Minimum 4 years experience in the similar capacity. Work experience with in local government system.
3. Good command of Dari and Pashto is essential and knowledge of English, preferable.
4. Strong negotiation skills.
5. Good computer skills.