|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Apr 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
-Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany's biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
Purpose of The Position:
The Finance Officer is responsible for providing support in the various Finance function.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Team building skills
· Problem solving and basic counseling skills
· Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
· Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
Time management skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Role and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
• Working as liaison with Ministry of Finance and Economy as well as tax consultant to prepare the annual tax clearance and tax return and follow-up the tax payment.
• Developing and maintaining cost share documents according to WHH standards and internal regulations and supervising the accountant in this matter.
• Matching invoices to statements and purchase orders to invoices for approval of bills.
• Preparing fund requests for country office and checking of fund request receive from projects.
• Prepare and submit periodic financial reports (Monthly closures, MoEs reports) for submission through the Finance Manager to WHH-HQ, COO-WHH and Ministry of Economy and Finance of Afghanistan.
• Checking the contractor’s documents and executing their payments after approval and processing it with-holding tax based on the Afghan government income tax law.
• Daily cash count and control with the cashier.
• Preparing severance letter for the staff.
• Manage annual Audit exercise, prepare audit follow-up action plans, and ensure that the action plan is implemented.
• Checking of regions Partners monthly financial report to ensure accuracy, correctness and completeness, before sharing with HQ.
• Checking of country office monthly financial reports.
• Generating financial statements and applications, preparation of spreadsheets, reports and correspondence.
• Writing letters to bank for requesting cheques books, opening bank accounts for fresh staff of WHH, opening new bank accounts for new projects, updating list of bank accounts, preparing of bank payroll, requesting bank statement and ACSS ( Tax Confirmation ) from bank and other related bank issues.
• Preparing refinancing table for the salary time sheets of all staff according to available budget lines in each project and updating refinancing database for all projects to receive the outstanding and refinancing on time.
• Preparing of expat monthly time sheet refinancing and submit to Finance Manager.
• Booking of expat monthly refinancing in financial system
• Preparing and compiling the annual closure report.
• Preparing Monthly financial status report and budget control on monthly bases
• Releasing vouchers from Financial software after checking with financial reports
• Preparing the monthly financial report folder after receiving documents from Cashier and Accountant
• Support Finance Assistant in her/his daily works.
• Any other finance related task requested by the Finance Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Job Requirements (experience and education):
· Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting or related field
· 5 years progressively related to finance, accounting experience in International or national organizations.
· Must be fluent in English, Dari and Pashto
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form with resume to the following email address (Candidate can download form from http://www.acbar.org/applicationform) and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.