|Date Posted:||May 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Accounting/Finance ,Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The Finance Officer is responsible for managing overall accounting and financial control systems for MSI Afghanistan Office and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. In addition, the Finance Officer will manage bookkeeping, bank accounts, and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to MSI HQ, and cash flow management.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with U.S government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable)
· Manage the preparation and submission of the MSI Afghanistan monthly expenditure reports, ensuing that they are accurate, complete and submitted to MSI Afghanistan Finance Director in a timely manner;
· Manage the preparation and submission of the monthly fund projections ensuring that they are accurate and complete;
· Work in close collaboration with the Finance Director and other senior MSI/Afghanistan staff for project budget and expense planning;
· Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in a computerized accounting system and ensure MSI accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented;
· Develop a plan to monitor all project-related funds;
· Design and manage prefect audits and financial reviews;
· Maintain a close coordination with all the senior staff on financial matters and advise them, as appropriate, on matters requiring their attention;
· Other accounting, financial management and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position assigned from time to time by the respective supervisor/s.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· University degree in accounting, finance, or similar field;
· Minimum of five (5) years experience in an equivalent position;
· Experience with QuickBooks or similar accounting software is preferred;
· Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred;
· Knowledge of OMB Circular A-122 is desired;
· Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken;
· Ability to ensure all data (including MSI-AMELA proprietary information) is fully protected from unauthorized dissemination/distribution.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.