|Date Posted:||Sep 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Strategic Grain Reserve Project (SGRP) Over the last ten years, Afghanistan witnessed two major shortages of supply of locally grown wheat due to sharp decline in local production, and limited supply from traditional export markets in neighboring countries. As a result, many Afghans especially those living in rural and remote area suffered from severe shortage of wheat which is described as a major food intake in the country. In response to the described challenges, the Government of Afghanistan, represented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL), is planning to establish a Strategic Grain Reserve to be primarily used in responding to such emergency situations, and requested the support from the World Bank in this regard. The Strategic Grain Reserve Project (SGRP) is a World Bank funded project implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) through the establishment of transitional Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and would have three components: (i) Establish physical infrastructure (grain silos) to reserve grain; (ii) Strengthening institutional capacity to operate the strategic grain reserve; (iii) Establishment of a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in the short term to be in charge of managing all project activities.
The finance officer will work under direct supervision of Senior Finance Officer. He/she is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and in order to meet legislative requirements and support of SGR project.
Provinces to travel:
• Proven work experience as finance officer or similar role.
• Experience on World Bank, MoF, public project financing or similar projects preferable.
• Knowledge of financial regulation.
• Understanding of budget and budget cycle.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Preparation of timesheets, payroll, and other documents as required for the staff and project support.
• Keeping all financial records accurate and up to date.
• Follow up of SGR finance related documents at World Bank, MAIL and MoF.
• Ensure that the statutory requirements of the World Bank and MoF are complied with in regard to accounting and financial management.
• Keep track of all the financial transactions.
• Preparation of Monthly bank reconciliations.
• Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required or requested by World Bank or project director.
• Establish and maintain good filing system (Soft and Hard) related to all SGR Project and develop the filling system.
• Ensure the maintenance of all physical documentation for finance activities.
• To assist in the translation of letters, documents, reports as required related to finance.
• Follow up with the MoF for obtaining budgetary allocation, releasing payments and tax compliance.
• Assist with facilitation of internal and external audit procedures.
• Ensure that financial procedures are adhered to in all finance activities.
• Assisting in the ongoing development of the project financial procedures and controls.
• He/she will report to the SGR Sr. Finance Officer.
• Any other duties assigned by the project director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The Financial Officer must have the following basic qualifications and working experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics/ Commerce or other related discipline. Master degree holders in the relevant areas will be preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of work experience with Bachelor degree and 3 years with Master degree is required. Work experience with the World Bank and MoF is preferred.
• Fluency in local languages (Pashto and Dari) as well as English Language.
• Able to operate MS office computer programs (Windows, Word, Excel and Email).
• Must have full knowledge of program budget and financial management rules and procedures of Afghanistan.
• Able to work under pressure and as team member and to work for long hours as and whenever required.
Bachelor’s Degree; however, Master Degree is preferred.