|Date Posted:||Sep 14, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Sep 24, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Accounting/Finance ,Banking|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients - including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
Monitoring and supervision of the various units in Finance (budgeting, reporting and planning unit, accounting operations and financial control units) to ensure overall operation in finance is coordinated and that work is carried out in timely, efficient and accurate manner at all times.
The overarching responsibility and multi dimension role of the financial controller is controlling & maintaining bank’s books of accounts, develop accounting & finance procedure, ensuring integrity of ledgers, maintenance of company CoA, supervision of finance staff & activities, facilitation of support to business segments, advisory to management in decision making and compliance to financial and regulatory norms and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision and administration of all finance section heads & Staff.
- Developing/designing and overseeing the bank’s accounting and financial management systems including payroll accounting, and ensuring that necessary procedures and controls are developed and implemented.
- Control and process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Ensuring compliance to best practices in functions under supervision, specific compliance to taxation, central bank, legal and statutory requirements including international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and CGAP standards.
- Assist in the process of annual budgeting and planning.
- Financial budgeting and planning for grants, technical assistance projects.
- Planning for new products, outlets as and when required.
- Contributing in developing necessary modifications to CMS and automation of reports to facilitate efficient financial reporting.
- Undertaking detailed periodic analysis of the financial state of the bank and reporting accordingly.
- Coordinate monthly ALCO meetings and act as secretary to ALCO committee.
- Contributing towards monitoring and reporting key ratios/limits required by internal and external regulations.
- Playing a lead role in coordinating the work of external, internal, central bank auditors, rating agencies, due diligence experts and financial assessors.
- Ensuring appropriate and timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Conduct objective oriented performance management of the departmental staff.
- Develop a second line by grooming staff that will be able to manage the department with proper succession planning.
- Ensure compliance with the existing policies and procedures of the department and develop policies and procedures in areas which are new or where the policies and procedures need to be improved.
- Any other assignments delegated by line Manager.
- Minimum MBA (Finance / Banking / Accounting)
- Professional qualifications CA, ACCA is a plus
- at least 7 years of experience in finance or accounting with at least 3 years in managerial role
- Afghanistan tax law and specific rulings, knowledge of ministry of finance and revenue department ‘s procedures and offices, Afghanistan banking law, regulations and circulars.
- Exceptional report writing, Good computing, analytical and time management and team building skills.
- strong leadership, visionary and foresight.