|Date Posted:||Oct 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
About Badakhshon Energy Company:
The Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the Badakhshon Energy Company have signed a 30 years Concession Agreement for the Electrification of Badakhshan Province of Afghanistan. Badakhshon Energy Company has been registered as Limited Liability Company (LLC) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industries of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan for the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in the Badakhshan Province. Badakhshon Energy Company will take over all existing assets of transmission and distribution networks from Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) and also develop new assets for the electrification of districts in Badakhshan Province of Afghanistan.
As such, Badakhshon Energy Company is currently looking for an experienced Financial Controller, with strong leadership and team development skills, to report directly to President of the Company and to be a member of the Executive Leadership Team. The Financial Controller will provide strategic leadership to drive solution-focused approaches to the financial planning, accounting operations, and compliance functions.
Position – Financial Controller
Company Name: Badakhshon Energy Company
Duty Station: Faizabad, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
Requires travel to provinces:
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds;
- A track record in grant or loan financing management;
- Technology savvy with experience selecting, implementing and overseeing billing and other management software;
- A successful track record in setting priorities;
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Company; and,
· Excellent communication skills with a high level of written and spoken English and Dari.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management / reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements;
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices, and improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual;
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the President and Industrial Promotion Services Regional Office for Asia;
· Ensure statutory compliance under the laws of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and financer / donor agreements;
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements, collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial and project/programme and grants accounting;
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with internal and external auditors;
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the President and review all financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes, and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status;
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting; and,
· Participate in development of new grant proposals, specifically assisting with the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badakhshan
- Minimum of university degree in accounting and finance, ideally ACCA or related degree;
- At least 8 years of overall professional experience, ideally five years of Chief Accountant or similar senior position;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.