|Date Posted:||Oct 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Nov 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||2 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanistan Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (ATRA) is the independent regulator of the telecom sector. It is responsible for implementing the Telecommunications Sector Policy and enforcing the provisions of the Telecom Law. ATRA strives to create an enabling environment for the private sector to invest in developing telecom and Internet infrastructure and services. ATRA aims to achieve an enabling private sector-backed telecom market and services in Afghanistan through creating and enforcing regulations, applying standards, providing universal access to the services, regulating the market, overseeing and fostering competition in the telecom market-- all in a non-discriminatory and transparent manner. ATRA works closely with its stakeholders, the private sector, government entities and end-users and telecom services recipients to improve the level playing field in the telecom and Internet domains in Afghanistan.
ATRA through its contractor is developing a Realtime Data Management System (RTDMS) in order to ensure transparency on 10% TSF (telecom service fee) collection and telecom sector revenue. The Financial Data Expert is a key team member of ATRA’s RTDMS team at its data management department.
We are looking for a Financial Data Expert who will support ATRA’s RTDMS team, the operators and other stakeholders with insights gained from analyzing RTDMS financial data. The candidate must have skills in using large scale data to look for opportunities in finding patterns such as trends, anomalies, and frauds etc. that will help to support valuable informed business decisions. The candidate must have strong experience using a variety of financial data mining/data analysis methods using a variety of tools. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Reconcile, Validate and Audit all MNOs billing/ Intelligent Network (IN) revenue stream systems on a monthly, periodic, quarterly and yearly basis to make sure that all reported revenue figures are correct and matching with RTDMS revenue streams.
● Spot visits to MNOs when variances are reported by RTDMS team.
● Manage Revenue Assurance of billing systems to assure service delivery and bill clarity?
● Clarity according to the Revenue assurance management system.
● Develops, revises and owns all Standard Operating Procedures for telecom billing/IN.
● Understand Related processes that support organizational policies and procedures.
● Strong quantitative and reporting abilities with experience in databases
● Management, data gathering, and analysis.
● Strong organizational skills with attention to details and ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy.
● Ensure that all postpaid services are accurately and timeously activated and billed to their monthly usage.
● Constantly evaluate the methods to investigate the differences found in circuit & packet switching networks audits.
● Provide courses of action to rectify the problem and identify root causes to prevent future occurrences.
● Perform individual electronic audits along with developing procedures to standardize the process, measure the results, and report results showing revenue impact, errors in existing procedures or documentation.
● Observe customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as account take over, friendly fraud, theft, and similar other risks
● Identify fraudulent transactions and cancel them from further processing
● Ensure the confidentiality of all information collected during an investigation
● Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns
● Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities
● Recommend anti-fraud processes for changing transaction patterns and trends
● Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for the management
● Preparation of revenue related documentation for internal/external auditors
● Define fraud and revenue assurance policies, procedures, and KPIs.
● Recommend fraud and revenue assurance actions for new products, services, network elements.
● Control revenue leakage in terms of lost revenue (process, technology, human errors), stolen revenue (bad debt, fraud).
● Identify and control fraud in terms of subscriptions fraud (unauthorized use of subscription), network fraud (unauthorized use of network services), and collection fraud (unpaid billed services).
● Review fraud and revenue assurance strategy, plan and prioritize actions.
● Any other task assigned by the supervisor
● The candidate must have a minimum of Bachelor’s, Master’s degree preferred, in information technology, Computer Science, Economics, Finances, or any other related field.
● Minimum of 5 years of financial data Assurance professional experience with bachelors degree and 3 years with masters, preferably in the telecommunication industry.
● Professional Industry Certification in Finances and/ or Data Sciences, Analytics is highly desirable.
● Have a good knowledge of Afghanistan laws, regulations and legal establishment.
● Ability to take the required decisions, planning and finding solutions for various problems and challenges.
● Deep knowledge and experience of Internal Audit & Risk Consulting.
● Great communication skills, verbal as well as written. An ability to communicate concisely and effectively with external, as well as internal stakeholders.
● Familiar with quality, risk management and financial management.
● Demonstrated experience and understanding of effective auditing methodology.
● Ability to understand the impact of implications of internal decisions and events on other parts of the organization.
● Must possess high degrees of knowledge on a wide range of network, billing, and provisioning system platforms.
● Must possess excellent analytical skills.
● Must have the ability to understand and utilize data extraction from multiple disparate systems.
● Must be able to manipulate data utilizing SQL, Oracle, and, other relational database systems in order to analyse the results.
● Excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel used for reporting discrepancies.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive information while ensuring data/system security.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● All applications (CVs and cover letters) should be submitted via email to: email@example.com Please, clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
● The deadline for submission of the application is: November 03, 2020