|Date Posted:||Jun 8, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Financial Institutions Credit Support Officer (FICSO) will monitor and oversee the activities of the partial risk guarantee administrator ensuring that the administrator is managing the facility to the benefit of AREDP. This will be accomplished through a combination of oversight of the activities to the administrator as well as a role in making sure the loans made by the partner financial institution and guaranteed by the administrator are in line with all terms established by AREDP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The FICSO shall perform and be responsible for the following:
- Evaluating , appraising and verifying claims that are made on the guarantee funds
- Monitoring the recovery efforts of the guarantee fund and the financial institution
- Monitoring the individual loan(s) that is guaranteed to ensure all terms are being followed
- Monitoring the administrator for compliance with the MOU between them and AREDP
- After claims have been paid, monitoring the administrator and the lending institution to ensure vigorous collection of arrears
- Taking part in monitoring of the programâ€™s partner banksâ€™ compliance with the policies and procedures in their SME lending activities with the close coordination with PRG administrator
- Assisting in the problem loan management and recovery activities in close cooperation with the respective department of the PRG administrator
- Working with AREDP management to continually analyze and refine the delivery of services at all levels
- Taking part in maintaining the reporting system of the program
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by Senior Management
- At least three years experience working in the banking environment
- Knowledge of all duties of a loan officer
- Extensive experience in reporting and knowledge of banking products
- Understanding and experience in the enterprise development environment
- Ability to get along well with others.
- A university degree in business, economics and/or finance
- Strong work planning and management skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken), Dari and Pashto and an ability to write comprehensive reports in English
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills using Word, Excel, Power Point and the Internet
- Strong team player with solid interpersonal skills and negotiation ability, particularly to include the ability to address financial issues with diplomacy, respect and tact;
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and lead a large team in a high pressure tight deadline working environment;
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanor;
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of her/his time in rural areas throughout Afghanistan;
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through personal initiative and training.
2. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Manager, Access to finance Unit and as required to the senior Management team.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
Five Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.