|Date Posted:||Jul 24, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 3, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Functional Area:||Financial Accounting,Accounting/Finance|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
Travel within Afghanistan and some out of hours work will be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and execute weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual plans to address both client and team needs.
- Communicate with Analysts and Associates the monthly, quarterly, annually plans on tax compliance issues for clients.
- Prepare monthly client tracker for the review of Financial Director/Managing Partner.
- Monthly meeting with immediate supervisor on the progress of client portfolio.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual tax calculations performed by the Analysts and Associates.
- Prepare tax analysis on the Annual Income Tax Return (AITR) at the year end and to secure the tax clearance letter.
- Manage tax compliance reporting and E-filing via Odoo and SIGTAS.
- Train and develop subordinates in enhancing their abilities to manage and execute team and client related goals and objectives.
- Follow up on the tax documents and other related documents with the relevant and appropriate tax and government offices and other departments including STO, MTO and SLTO. These include but not limited to tax compliance departments, Audit departments, Objection Review department, Tax dispute resolution board, exemption (revenue and customs) and Law enforcement department.
- Follow up and resolving tax compliance related issues with all of the departments and other appropriate government departments mentioned above. These include securing Tax Clearance Letters, Audit Clearance Letters, Tax Exemption Confirmations(DoD, NATO, DoS, USAID, DIFID, UN etc) Customs Exemption and clearance letters.
- Hold meetings/conference calls with the clients with their progress on the taxes and other related matters.
- Perform Customs Tax processes related activities for the clients.
- Liaise with business development team in promoting tax related services to wider range private sector clients.
- Provide on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching in the area of tax, financial management, audit and accounting to nominated project management staff.
- Undertake additional financial management, audit, accounting and other related duties as may be reasonably required.
- Bachelors qualification in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, FIA/ACCA or similar qualifications
- Demonstrated experience as a financial officer in public practice or commerce and industry.
- Proven experience in review and analysis of financial reports, tax filings, MOF communications.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of business plans and the financial analysis of commercial opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of accounting systems.
- Proven experience in the design and production of budgets and financial reports.
- Demonstrated understanding of company law, Income Tax Law, Investment Law.
- Knowledge of financial systems design, comparative financial analytical techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contracting procedures, including financial aspects of contract implementation for international organisations.
- A working knowledge of computer applications for financial accounting.
Personal Skills & Abilities:
- Professionalism in all aspects of work and life.
- Ability to think clearly and logically.
- Skills in problem identification and solution.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, ability to allocate and review priorities.
- High degree of flexibility in work and personal life.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.