|Date Posted:||Jan 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Management,Accounting/Finance ,Adviser|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Kakar Advocates LLC:
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
The Financial Sector Development Advisor should provide a framework for creating a sound, diversified, responsive and well-functioning financial system that would provide appropriate support the growth of private sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To assist with strategic running of the financial sector development by working with the project team to coordinate various financial related programs with activities that may include policy and capacity building.
2. Conduct research and analysis in financial sector in order to provide analytical support throughout the financial sector in the country.
3. Guidance, oversight, monitoring & evaluation and reporting during the implementation of the project to ensure accountability for the utilization of donor funds and contribution to developing results and the impact and sustainability of project.
4. Contribute to the Financial Sector Development component in an effort to implement, and achieve optimal project synergies.
5. Coordinate all financial sector engagement and the development of financial activities and provide required technical guidance.
6. The financial sector development advisor performs special, ad hoc tasks in support of the project’s facilitation of the financial sector’s growth and engagement.
7. Design and coordinate the implementation of activities needed to achieve project goals with respect to the financial sector, including analysis and review of relevant policies/regulation and any other finance framework.
• Master’s degree from a well-recognized university in relevant fields, i.e. public administration, economics, law or business administration.
• Having at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience working in Afghanistan either with the Afghan government or international organizations at senior levels.
• Demonstrated capacity and substantial experience in dealing with policy and strategic issues related to institution building and governance.
• Excellent command of English language as well as local languages (Dari and Pashto).
• Strong follow-up and punctuality to meet deadlines.
• Proactive and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to produce well-written documents, presentations and reports in English.
• Flexible working hours to cope with work pressure.
• Disciplined, representative, ethical, professional and hard-worker.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.