|Date Posted:||May 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Project Management|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarter in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international implementing partners.
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the New Zealand Firing Ranges Quality Management Project (NZFR-QM), He/she will be stationed in the Bamian province. He/she will manage and control the NZ firing range project field activities. The incumbent will be responsible for management of the project at field level and successful delivery of its planned activities. He/she will also be directly involved in monitoring and evaluation of the project.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The firing range senior project officer, under the direct supervision of the project manager, is responsible for the external quality management of the NZFR-QM project in his areas of responsibilities and ensuring the intended outcomes are realized. The duties and responsibilities of the project officer are as follows:
· With assistance from the DMAC Administrations department in HQ, establish and set up firing range project office in Bamian province.
· Prepare and develop the firing range external quality management monthly plan in line with the quarterly/annual plans.
· Monitor and track implementing partner/contractor’s operations plan.
- Establish strong liaison with the project’s implementing partner and, in consultation with project manager, provide necessary field level assistance as required.
- Conduct project progress analysis and provide her/his findings on the effectiveness of the project to the project manager.
- Brief DMAC staff, visitors, and respective stakeholders on the progress and quality status of the project operations (demining, EORE and VA).
- Provide inputs to project manager on project reports concerning planning, implementation and quality management, when required.
- Review IP’s monthly progress reports and ensure their accuracy and reliability before it is submitted to DMAC MIS department for entry into Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA).
· Providing case study reports and photos in relation to implementation of the project to project manager, whenever required.
· Review and verify QM reports prepared by QMIs in light of the respective AMAS before sharing them with the project manager/MIS for entry into IMSMA.
· Conduct regular field monitoring to ensure that the project activities are running smoothly and the outputs are achieved as defined in the project document.
· Ensure effective communication between the project field staff, implementing partner and all other stakeholders at field level.
- Observe and control daily activities of project field staff, including support staff.
· Ensure accuracy, reliability and quality of monthly project progress data (QM, Clearance, EORE and VA) by checking IMSMA print out released from DMAC MIS department on monthly basis. Ensure that any discrepancy observed in the data is communicated to MIS or IP on a timely manner.
· Take an active role in investigation of demining accidents (in case accident happens) within the scope of firing ranges project.
· Convey and arrange coordination meeting requests with the IPs and other field level stakeholders.
· Undertake any other task assigned by the firing range project manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Bamyan
· Bachelor’s degree in project management, business administration, social sciences, engineering or other relevant fields. Master’s degree in the mentioned fields will give preference.
- Work Experience:
o At least 5 years of experience in mine action technical field from which at least 3 years of relevant experience in project management.
§ Demining Courses
§ Middle management training course
§ Project Management
§ MS office (word, excel, power point, projects)
§ EOD courses (level 2/3)
§ Professional report writing course
§ Senior Management Course
§ Result-Based Management course
Skills & Competencies:
- Computer (MS Office Package, Reporting tools)
- Presentation skill
- Data analysing and reporting
- Proposal/concept note and report writing skill
- Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto, and Dari, oral and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations with people in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving in regard to technical issues in mine action;
- Proficiency in MS Office products, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook;
- Sound knowledge of, and exposure to, a range of mine action issues, including Quality Management and the International Mine Action Standards (IMAS).