|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||20000 - 80000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan Water Resources Development Project:
The Flood Engineer will have responsibility for the performance of the Technical Team. He/She will report to the PMO Director. The Project Management Consultants will provide technical support and assistance during the initial period of operations of the MEW PMO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
â€¢ As Flood Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Technical Team particularly in Project Supervision and Design of Flood Management and development projects.
â€¢ Demonstrated enthusiasm for the Projectâ€™s goals;
â€¢ Results oriented and highly motivated;
â€¢ Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create new approaches;
â€¢ Undertake project-related tasks as mandated in the loan/ grant agreement and as required by the MEW PMO;
â€¢ Prepare reports as required by the Implementing Agency and the Asian Development Bank (ADB);
â€¢ Coordinate with the Project Management Consultants in the development of programs for on-the-job transfer of knowledge in the field of Flood Management/ Mitigation, which serves as counterpart staff in project design and implementation.
1. Prepare guidelines for surveyorâ€™s activities in gathering field data required in the design of flood management and mitigation structures;
2. Check survey drawings submitted by surveyors and ensure these accurately reflect site conditions;
3. Investigate proposed locations of structures (i.e. weirs, etc.) and prepare initial designs in coordination with field engineers;
4. Prepare and verify structure layout and ensure it fits field conditions;
5. Prepare structural analyses of completed facilities;
6. Prepare sketches and draft drawings of mitigation facilities for finalization by the CAD Operator
7. Check final drawings prepared by the CAD Operator;
8. Prepare design calculations and reports of designed structures;
9. Prepare facilities specifications and design criteria;
10. Document design process and prepare design completion report.
11. Assist the Consultants as directed by the Project Director;
12. Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
The candidate must have a Degree in Water Resources/ Irrigation/ Flood Management Engineering and/ or Technical Management in a relevant field. More than five years of experience in technical management or design of structures in the water sector (i.e. flood itigation, etc.) Major achievements in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements. Preference would be given to candidates with Specialization in structural design.