|Date Posted:||Sep 29, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 4, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
About MOBY Group:
Founded in 2003 MOBY GROUP operates in South & Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Dubai, the group employs over 1,200 individuals across 16 businesses.
MOBY has been widely recognized for its role in bringing news and entertainment to underserved populations. It serves over 300 million people through its activities in broadcasting, digital & online, production, strategic communications, publishing, music, sports and research.
MOBY’s local-language content in English, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Amharic spans a range of genres including dramas, reality television, lifestyle and music shows, sports, news & current affairs and children’s programs.
For more information please visit our website www.mobygroup.com
The floor manager is in charge of overseeing the everyday operations of a certain department. The duties of the floor manager also include serving customers, making sure that client queries are promptly addressed, allocating responsibilities to the personnel, and keeping an eye on their performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Setting up and running rehearsal schedules.
• Managing the props and possibly the design budgets and liaising with the production management manager regarding costs.
• liaising with the director, stage personnel and other technical departments, e.g. costume, lighting, sound, Camera and etc
• Checking that equipment, e.g. microphones and earpieces, are working before the show;
• Seating the audience (if in attendance);
• Referring to floor plans;
• Assisting guests on the show;
• Relaying instructions from the control room to the studio floor using a talkback system;
• Keeping the director and producer informed of action off-camera;
• Assisting in the planning and preparation of productions;
• Overseeing the work of other departments, such as sound, lighting and props;
• Rehearsing live shows;
• Giving cues and time counts to presenters, actors or guests;
• Organising runners to make the best use of studio time;
• Looking ahead in the programme schedule to anticipate any changes to the set or to see what props are required later in the show;
• Briefing and looking after those involved in the programme;
• Managing the audience, e.g. explaining safety requirements, show timings and what will happen during filming and when the programme will be aired;
• Dealing with any technical problems;
• Controlling the studio and halting production if necessary;
• Liaising with public relations staff to agree who will be interviewed, for example at sports matches;
• Passing information and progress reports from live events to studio presenters;
• Adhering to health and safety regulations, e.g. keeping 'safe areas' and fire exits clear of equipment.
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
• High school diploma with at least two years of relevant work experience.
• Have Computer knowledge, proficiency with MS. Office programs.
• Ability to control and lead a team
• Fluent in reading, writing and speaking Dari, Pashto and English.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills and ability to make decision.