|Date Posted:||Jun 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 6, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
The post holder will report to the Coordinator of the Secretariat for the High-Level Food Security and Nutrition Steering Committee (FSNSC) while line dotted management will be maintained with Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP):
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Liaise with the key Government Ministries and relevant development partners related to the national Afghanistan Food Security and Nutrition Agenda (AFSeN);
2. Support the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports on the implementation of Food Security related activities and briefs related to food security issues in the country;
3. Support technical visits of high level and technical officials for the exchange of successful experiences to promote policies relevant to enhancing food security in close coordination with related sectors and development partners.
4. Prepare updates and reports on the implementation of Food Security related activities in support of the High Level FSNSC;
5. Identify core advocacy concerns, and develop key messages for broader advocacy related to food security initiatives;
6. Participate in meetings of the FNS Technical Committees when deemed necessary;
7. Support the FNS Secretariat with the coordination of different food security initiatives in Afghanistan; and
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
The individual will have expertise in relevant aspects of food and nutrition security, with a minimum of five years of experience working on food security planning and implementation. Candidates for this position will have obtained a university degree (preferably Master’s degree) in a relevant field such as agriculture, nutrition, public health, or economics. Knowledge of food security and nutrition issues and work experience in this area is essential. Extensive knowledge of government systems in Afghanistan, particularly of food security systems and previous experience in establishing and managing development programmes is required. He/she must have the ability and technical skills in writing of meeting minutes, required official letters and documents, and should be familiar with the official writing principles. S/he must have strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills in at least one of the Afghanistan’s national language (Pashtu/Dari) and in English.