|Date Posted:||Jul 29, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Selina Food Production Company:
Selina Food Processing & Production Company, a private company founded in 2019 in Afghanistan, set out to be a leading salt harvesting and manufacturing Co. We have Salt-lake mine in Faryab and a large manufacturing facility in Amir Ali Sher Nawaee industrial park along with point of sale in major towns of Afghanistan. With over 3 years of experience in the salt industry, we specialize in harvesting & manufacturing premium quality refined salt for different industries in Afghanistan.
Food technology department is responsible for the safe and efficient development, modification and manufacture of food products and processes in Selina Co.
As a food technologist, it's your job to make sure food products are produced safely, legally and to the quality claimed. This department could be involved in developing the manufacturing processes and recipes/formula of food and drink products and may work on existing and newly-discovered ingredients to invent new recipes and concepts for Selina Co. you may work by own or closely with the product development companies to design and develop new foods and beverage products for Selina Co.
Keeping up with ever-changing food production regulations nationally and internationally will be an essential part of your job.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a food technology department or food technologist, you'll need to:
- Apply scientific and engineering principles in research, development, production technology, quality control, packaging, processing, and utilization of foods: Conducts basic research, and new product research and development of foods.
- Develop new and improved methods and systems for food processing, production, quality control, packaging, and distribution.
- Study methods to improve quality of foods, such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods.
- Modify existing products and processes and develop new ones
- Check and improve safety and quality control procedures in Selina’s’ factories, from the raw material stage through to the finished product
- Research current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts
- Select raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers
- Prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products jointly with related departments such as marketing and sales.
- Audit suppliers or manage internal audits
- Run trials of new products - either alongside or together with product development
- Coordinate launches of new products with related departments in Selina
- Deal with any customer complaint investigations or product issues jointly with Marketing and sales.
- Compile, check and approve product specifications and labelling
- Undertake long-term projects with other departments, such as reducing waste by improving efficiency
- Work on packaging innovation and technology
- Conduct experiments and produce sample products
- Design the processes and machinery for making products with a consistent flavor, color and texture in large quantities
- Monitoring the use of additives
- Build relationships with suppliers and customers
- Ensure products are profitable.
- Develop the ability to repeat processes to ensure consistency and safety
- Liaise with technical and commercial colleagues in procurement, sales, technical services and marketing and distribution, and with official food inspection and hygiene agencies (this takes up a considerable proportion of time on the manufacturing side)
- Work with engineering and production to develop solutions to production issues, while maintaining food safety.
- Develops food standards, safety and sanitary regulations, and waste management and water supply specifications.
- Assess, select, apply and get all required national and international standards and certificates including Halal one.
Having a food-related degree for entry into this department/position. The following subjects in particular are relevant:
- Food, nutrition, biochemistry, microbiology and health
- Food safety and quality management
- Food science/technology
- Food/chemical engineering