|Date Posted:||Jan 18, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jan 25, 2021|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||20|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About ATR Consulting:
Assess, Transform, Reach (ATR) is a consulting firm registered in Afghanistan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), providing research, monitoring and evaluation, socio-economic research, capacity development, translation, policy and strategic advisory services to UN agencies, governments, multilateral donors, development contractors, international and local NGOs, and the private sector. Established in 2012, ATR has delivered more than 200 projects covering 20 developing countries.
The Freelance Translator/Interpreter will translate technical tools, reports, manuals, guidelines, and transcribe audio/video interviews, surveys, messages, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct accurate and consecutive interpretation and transcription from Pashto/Dari into English, and vice versa;
- Translate various syntax and expressions to include colloquial and slang phrases from English Pashto/Dari, and vice versa;
- Accurately scan, research, and analyze source language documents;
- Upholding ATR’s commitment to security protocol for all interviewees, safeguarding the confidentiality of interview records and transcripts;
- Examining draft transcripts for mistakes and mis-translations (speakers’ identification, formatting, harmonization, time stamps, etc.);
- Thoroughly checking names of people and places;
- Contributing to the development of the ATR Translation Glossary;
- Additional related tasks as assigned.
Education: high school diploma in advanced English language is required; Bachelor’s degree in English/Dari/Pashto literature is an asset.
Experience: Experience in transcribing and/or translating, reviewing or editing; excellent typing skills; experience in technical translation of a specific field (health, nutrition, legal and financial) is an additional asset.
Language skills: Fluency in both written and oral Dari, Pashto and English is essential. Knowledge of Uzbeki language is an asset.
Computer skills: Experience in working in a digital environment (MS Office, Internet); familiarity with MS Word/Excel is essential.
Additional qualifications: Soft skills including patience, listening capacity, problem-solving and flexibility are desirable.