|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The software developer will be primarily responsible for programming and developing new HRMIS modules and improving and maintaining the existing ones.
The software developer will plan his/her activities in accordance and close coordination with HRMIS Technical team and the HRMIS Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
SCOPE OF SERVICES
· Develop new user-facing features, providing high-quality graphics and visual elements;
· Build high-quality mock-ups and design different prototypes;
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs;
· Knowledge of graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop;
· Strong knowledge of Front-End languages, libraries, frameworks and tools such as Angular, React or Vue;
· Maintaining, troubleshooting and continually developing websites across a variety of businesses;
· Optimizing websites in order to improve speed and conversion rates;
· Ability to effectively test application and interpret their data;
· Provide technical recommendations and technical support in improving the performance of relevant initiatives and projects;
· Support and promote the use of innovative technology solutions in HRMIS, IARCSC;
· Clearly and regularly communicate with client and technical support colleagues
· Design and develop database application
· Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
· Recommend improvements to the existing software UI as necessary
· Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
· Integrate software components and third-party programs
· Verify and deploy programs and systems
· Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
· Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
· Code and test software based on software specifications and design
· Software Maintenance
· Software Development
Work Well Under Pressure
EDUCATIONS AND SKILLS
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Application or related fields.
· With a bachelor’s degree 5 years’ relevant experience
· Responsive design, cross-browser and cross-device websites
· User Interface and User Experience knowledge
· Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
· Familiar with Back-End language/ framework (PHP, Laravel)
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
· Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
· Fluent in Pashto/Dari and English