|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 23, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About National Skills Development Program (NSDP):
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
The Fundraising and Donor Relations Officer will be responsible for considering, implementing managing and leading all of the fundraising activities of the institution. He/she will establish and nurture the organization’s relationships with the donor community.
The Fundraising and Donor Relations Officer will work under the overall responsibility of Program Director and in close consultation with the Program Coordinator and the NSDP technical teams.
The duration of assignment will be 5 months and will be extend base on the availability of fund and will involve the following activities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of organization’s donor relations strategy and amend as needed
- Identify best use of technology in raising funds and engaging donors for the NSDP/MoLSA;
- Conceive of innovative fundraising strategies and programs that are in line with the needs and environment of Afghanistan;
- Develop innovative fundraising ideas that would involve the varies sectors, inside the country, in funding programs for public good in Afghanistan;
- Develop and maintain links with international donor agencies; D
- Develop and write concept notes and Proposal in response to solicitation from donor agencies;
- Manage relations with key donor agencies in Afghanistan as needed.
- Develop and present timely reports for donor agencies and the NSDP/MoLSA;
- Collaborate with other senior colleagues to develop NSDP/MoLSA level reports for various audiences;
- Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors
- Bachelor degree with 5 years’ experience in the related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience with the Government developmental projects, donor funded projects or any national or international NGOs in the field of Fundraising and donor relation.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of procurement law and procurement rules and procedures for public procurement in Afghanistan;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Government’s administrative systems.
- Experience of development and management of complex budgets;
- Ability to network effectively and travel extensively;
- Can demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and manage conflicting priorities;
- Can demonstrate high ethical standards of work.
- Effective communication, IT and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants and the World Bank staff.