|Date Posted:||Nov 21, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
FMFB-A is looking for a FX Dealer, a front office job who will be working with various clients, buying and selling different currencies at profit, he/she will be developing strong relationship with potential clients for growing FX business for the bank. He/She would be constantly visiting market and would be spending time outside office to develop business for the bank; he/she would also be reviewing latest news and market conditions for foreign exchange. Targets will be given to grow FX business and he/she will be liaising with banks, money exchangers and potential clients in the market.
Requires travel to provinces:
1. Knowledge of FX trading, hedging strategies and local Sarai Shahzada market.
2. Deep knowledge of Da Afghanistan bank regulation on foreign exchange and compliance requirements.
3. Good local market sense with ability to analyze and interpret market conditions/movements in foreign exchange to achieve high level of profit.
4. Strong proficiency in Excel.
5. Proven ability to cope with stress and meet high revenue targets.
6. Good market sense, with the ability to analyze and interpret market conditions/movements in order to achieve best execution.
7. Familiarity with systems used in treasury would be additional advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Buying and selling foreign currency under supervision of Treasury Manager.
- Visiting market and potential clients for foreign exchange business.
- Cross selling of treasury products and services to SME clients.
- Negotiation with other banks and exchanger dealers in the market for FX deals.
- Analyzing market trends, FX movements and daily FX revenue for the bank.
- Preparing proposals and offering competitive FX rates to those corporate/SME customers that need to exchange currencies due to nature of business.
- Ensuring competitive exchange rates and high quality customer service across the branches.
- Updating and informing treasury management, about variety of local economic and social events that could affect currency exchange rate fluctuations.
- Making daily calls to customers, market and other banks for meeting daily FX income targets.
- Monitoring and regular checking of foreign exchange transactions from across all branches.
- Coordinating with BMs, field staff specially cashiers and other departments to increase foreign exchange business.
- Reconciliation of FX transactions with FX open position.
- Ensuring FX open position within the regulatory limits.
- Preparing analytical reports and foreign exchange report as part of ITRS report to DAB.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in foreign exchange work.
2. Strong communication skills in English and local languages for treasury deals.