|Date Posted:||May 26, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
Under the supervision of Provincial Admin/Finance Assistant, the Guard will be tasked to ensure the security of the AREDP Provincial Office premises and equipment and perform general office support duties. He will coordinate with others involved in the office towards achieving the AREDPâ€™s vision of responsiveness, productivity and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work with the Receptionist and other service staff to control entry and exit to the office;
- Make regular inspections around the office to ensure the premises are secure and to look out for unusual activities;
- Ensure that office equipment is secure and that all doors are locked at the end of working hours
- In coordination with the Provincial Admin/Finance Assistant respond to any emergencies and other problems;
- Coordinate security issues with the PRRD Security Office and security staff whenever necessary;
- Assist with logistics activities of the Provincial Office such as moving furniture and equipment when required;
- Perform small maintenance and repairs for the Provincial Office when necessary (changing light bulbs, etc.)
- Any other task directed by supervisor.
- At least 1 year related work experience in an office environment preferably as a guard;
- Familiarity with using security equipment such as VHF radios;
- Reasonable knowledge of writing and reading in Dari and Pashto languages;
- Good spoken command of Dari and Pashto languages required;
- Must be extremely reliable, trustworthy, and a good team worker;
- Ability to organize and coordinate work effectively and efficiently;
- Flexible in working hours;
- Physically fit for the position
Reports to the Provincial Admin/Finance Assistant and accountable to AREDP Senior Management.
PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT
The position is for at least 12 months and is normally expected to be extended; whereas the initial period till 31 December 2010 shall be contracted.