|Date Posted:||Jun 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 1, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||3 year(s)|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Gender and Advocacy Advisor will be project gender and advocacy focal point will be responsible for gender mainstreaming, and provides technical expertise regarding gender and advocacy components of the GEWEP project in selected districts of Kabul province. The incumbent will work to ensure the needs and priorities of marginalized targeted groups are considered and addressed within the project. She will lead and identify key entry points and strategic approaches to address gender and advocacy issues/policies with view to ensure it considered in project interventions. The position will support country office in project design to ensure gendered need and priorities of considered in the project. The position will also represent project in various related cluster and working groups.
Duties & Responsibilities:
PQC, Program Coordinator, Gender Advisor, Project technical advisors, Program Quality Unit, project beneficiaries, CMP, government partners, NGOs (local and national), forums, CARE internal departments,
KEY RESULTS EXPECTED
The GAS would help ensure GEWEP III project effectively incorporates gender and advocacy components in its design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting. Overall results expected include but not limited to:
· Prepare a gender and advocacy mainstreaming guideline for the project and operationalise it with KWA members, communities, project stakeholders/institutions and project staff.
· Monitor and report on gender and advocacy specific quantitative and qualitative indicators in terms of project operations and performance.
· Coordinate with PQ Gender Advisor and regularly participate in on-going Gender Working Groups and advocacy forums in Kabul, including compilation of new lessons-learned/best practices from the field and sharing of any new relevant international best practices with regard to gender mainstreaming into the projects considering Afghan context.
· Monitor national policy developments of relevance to program/project and advocacy priorities in Afghanistan (eg key policy developments relating to Afghan government departments and international aid coordination processes, eg clusters, of relevance to CARE’s priority sectors), and provide appropriate updates to staff
· Convene policy/advocacy conferences-calls with relevant project stakeholder and share a positon paper with CARE and donor.
· Draft and review advocacy briefs on issues prioritized in the project, as well as in collaboration with other similar NGOs.
· Participate in external advocacy gatherings and forums (eg ACBAR advocacy working-group)
· Advise programme and project management teams on any required revisions to policy, procedure and project documents.
· Support program team to design advocacy components for new programs from proposal development stage, as well as to integrate advocacy into other pre-existing and on-going projects
· Guide and support developing of a gender and advocacy training module to serve as GEWEP III standard training material for all staff, project beneficiaries and stakeholders.
· Will engage in functional research on issues of women governance and empowerment, humanitarian assistance, community based education, TVET, rural assistance, livelihood development etc through coordination meetings and discussions with peer organizations and ACBAR
· Support the development of systematic measures for assessing the impacts of GEWEP III on gender equality and mainstreaming work;
· Work with communications team for defining key advocacy and influence messages.
· Serve as gender and advocacy focal point for GEWEP III in various occasions, and promote appropriate representation and consultation target groups in planning and strategy process.
· Prepare gender-sensitive awareness-raising material in Dari and Pashto on the need to integrate various interventions of the project.
· Support the design and implementation of outreach and communications to ensure that local outreach activities target women for increased awareness and understanding of the project interventions at various levels.
· Conduct training workshops on gender and advocacy topics to KWA members
· Work with MEL team to contribute to develop and implement of the project monitoring and evaluation tools and procedures to ensure integration of gender and advocacy -responsive tools and indicators;
· Assist MEL and program team to reflect impact of advocacy components of the project by using of AIIR tool.
· Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
· Conduct site visits to ensure implementation of women meaningful participation and project activities at the local level and to provide project team/partners with advice as necessary.
· Perform of any other tasks as assigned.
1. Core Competencies:
Excellent search skills, analytical/conceptual thinking skills, Creative design. Strong, clear communication skills and ability to present ideas effectively. Self- starter and independent organizer. Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills. Able to facilitate change and demonstrate innovation. Good problem analysis. Negotiation; gender sensitivity and cultural sensitivity.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three years of professional experience in managing civil society and gender/advocacy programs, with specialization in the field of gender.
- Worked in Advocacy positions preferably related to governance, women empowerment and social development with NGOs, Civil Society and/or UN agencies.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of gender and advocacy in Afghanistan context
- Demonstrated gender awareness skills.
· Experience in a non-governmental organization or in the United Nations (desirable);
Bachelor’s Degree in gender and development studies, social science, business administration, political science, social development, community development, sociology and socio-economic studies and other related fields. Master's degree in related fields is preferred.
At least 3 -5 years of work experiences in program/project with a sustained interest in gender, advocacy, development aid, partnership development and production/publication.
Fluency in written and spoken English, Dari and Pushto languages