|Date Posted:||Mar 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the State Ministry for Disaster Management and Humanitarian Affairs is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Mine Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy. DMAC is being supported by the GIRoA and International Donors.
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) pay-agent support project. He/she will be stationed in HQ-Kabul and would report to DMAC Director though Chief of Operations. The Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming Manager will be responsible for the implementation of Gender Mainstreaming activities within the Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA) and facilitating the achievement of Goal 4 of the National Mine Action Strategic Plan.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage the affairs related to the DMAC gender and diversity mainstreaming section.
· In coordination with various DMAC departments, takes appropriate steps for implementation and monitoring of the plans and strategies of Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming within DMAC and the MAPA
· Systematically conduct reviews for tracking the implementation of the DMAC strategies and goals relevant to the Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming
· Assist MAPA Implementing Partners in developing and implementing their action plans relevant to gender and diversity mainstreaming and provide appropriate advice to them
· Review DMAC and MAPA policies, standards, plans and work procedures to ensure they are gender and diversity sensitive
· Take active part in reviewing the mine action related project proposals from gender and diversity perspective
· Prepare DMAC and MAPA reports on the implementation of activities related to gender and diversity mainstreaming for submission to MAPA stakeholders
· Ensure findings and recommendations of national and international evaluations including those raised by the Gender and Mine Action Programme (GMAP) are observed and implemented by DMAC and the MAPA
· Document best practices and lessons learned on the most effective ways to mainstream gender and diversity and share these lessons with the relevant actors.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor’s degree in sociology, social science, development studies or other relevant areas with Five (05) years of experience in gender awareness, development and implementation of gender mainstreaming activities.
· Gender related qualifications or trainings would be an added advantage
· Experience in strategic planning and communication strategy implementation is desirable.
· Knowledge of Ms Office programmes and internet is required.
· Fluency in English and Dari/Pashtu is required.
While sending your resume/CV & Cover letter, please mention the vacancy number and position title in the subject line of your email. Application received after the closing date and without mentioning the vacancy number and position title will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for the test and interview.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the following email addresses:
Female candidates with the required qualification and experience are highly encouraged to apply.