|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation,Social Science ,Research/Survey,Consulting|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) is the specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability. The mandate of UNIDO is to promote and accelerate inclusive and sustainable industrial development in developing countries and economies in transition.
"Cold value chain" is defined as the specific supply chain scheme which requires that all elements of the food process be carried out under prescribed low temperatures to ensure the safety and the quality of the product. Cold chain, in fact, consumes a remarkable quantity of energy. It is reported to account for 30% of total world energy consumption. Therefore, UNDIO has established local partnerships with the objective to encourage private financing to invest in the energy efficiency of cold value chains and distribution channels in Afghanistan. This project estimates that it can avoid more than 125,000 metric tonnes of direct and indirect CO2 equivalent GHGs.
Under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of the UNIDO’s project manager, the consultant will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
Requires travel to provinces:
1) Core values:
· Respect for diversity
· Awareness & Sensitivity regarding Gender Issues
2) Core competencies:
· Effective Communication and trust
· Stakeholder Engagement
· Results orientation and accountability
· Planning and organizing
· Team orientation
· Client orientation
Duties & Responsibilities:
Conduct a desk assessment during project identification:
A summary report of the relevant results obtained in the assessment describing:
- The gender dimensions within the project context
- The gaps identified in the assessment, that will be filled through a gender analysis at Project Document stage;
- Potential entry points in the project for gender-responsive actions;
- A description of the various steps that will be taken at ProDoc stage to conduct the gender analysis and produce a gender action plan for the project.
- Use information gathered through initial stakeholder consultations that may provide insights into gender-related issues, gender gaps and dynamics that are particular to the project
A report detailing baseline data on the gender dynamics and the status of women in the context of the project and relating to conservation, which will constitute the project’s base for a monitoring and evaluation plan for gender integration.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Education: Postgraduate university degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in development studies, in evaluation and/or conducting socio-economic surveys with expertise in gender-related work;
Experience: Previous experience and good comprehension of the local context where the survey will be conducted;
Languages: All the reports and documents will be provided in English and also knowledge of the local language in the survey area is strongly suggested.