|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Growth Impact Management Consultancy (GrowthIMC):
Global Impact Management Consulting (GIMC) – www.gimciternational.com – is an innovative Afghan-owned and managed U.S-based diaspora small business established by a team of international development and private sector experts with innovation, relevance, and quality as its core values. GIMC helps organizations transform to become more efficient, sustainable, and profitable.
At GIMC we believe in delivering quality services to our clients and utilize a long-term vision to engage with and support them. Our implementation and delivery models are innovative, context specific and rooted in working with the best partners and in the highest-need communities. We understand the nuances of implementation in Afghanistan and the differences and similarities of urban, peri-urban, and rural areas. Drawing on years of successful work experience in non-permissive environments, we engage with strong, trusted and accountable local actors to ensure quality implementation, access project site, and ensure data integrity, validity and quality.
GIMC is sourcing candidates with strong experience in gender assessments, evaluations, analysis, training and research. Experience working on Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Gender-based Violence (GBV) is important.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Conduct Gender analysis, assessment, evaluations and provide technical advice on measuring and collecting data on women’s empowerment
– Have experience with gender sensitive social norm diagnostic approaches with women, men and other stakeholders and generate an in-depth and relevant understanding of the power dynamics between men and women, across different socio-economic groups, an understanding of socio-cultural norms, sanctions and reference groups. Areas of interest are related to: -
§ household decision making;
§ ownership and control over productive assets;
§ cultural constraints on economic and political participation,
§ issues related to mobility, female agency and efficacy;
§ role of income in changing household dynamics specifically related to economic and political empowerment & Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices related to women’s empowerment.
§ Barriers, mediators or facilitators of empowerment should also be identified.
o Understand different pathways of change to empowerment
o Review and assess program interventions and delivery on the gender continuum and give SMART recommendations for program adaptation.
1. Bachelor or preferably Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
2. At least 5 year’s work experience as trainer and preferably in the private sector. Additional experience preferred.
3. Experience in women empowerment programs is highly desirable
- Ability to multitask under pressure, meet tight deadlines and deliver high-quality work.
- Strong analytical and prioritization skills.
- Ability to speak and write Dari and Pashto fluently, English is a highly desirable skill.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word.