|Date Posted:||Aug 28, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Gender & Male Engagement Technical Specialist for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program (NHTAP) in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Job summary :
The Gender & Male Engagement Technical Specialist will be an FHI 360 employee working in and placed at the NHTAP office in Kabul. Under the guidance of the SBC & Community Health Associate Director, the Gender & Male Engagement Technical Specialist will assist with development, coordination, and joint implementation of activities; monitoring consortium partner implementation of gender transformative activities; and providing focused technical assistance as needed to government and consortium partner teams.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assisting in the development, implementation, and monitoring of gender-focused activities for SBC, facility, and community-level engagement, in conjunction with MoPH and consortium partners.
· Providing technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, strategies for technical assistance and mentorship, reports, and other materials for gender-sensitive programming.
· Ensuring project implementation adheres to organization and project strategy and remains technically sound.
· Working closely with assigned team to ensure activities and mentorship are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and national guidelines for respectful maternity care and other gender-sensitive programming.
· Assisting with the implementation of the project by monitoring and documenting technical assistance, gender inclusion, and mentorship approaches, processes, and outcomes for facility and community-based activities oriented to gender and male engagement.
· Preparing reports and papers summarizing project results, assists with publications, web pages and presentation development, technical briefs, or other necessary documents to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures related to gender-sensitive programming.
· Conducting searches of published literature and international standards on evolving issues and best practices in gender-sensitive programming, including gender and social norms transformation and male engagement.
· Conducting analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical assistance strategy and guidelines.
· Delivering presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
· Willingness to travel to national regions for technical assistance provision and quality assurance.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master’s degree in health, public health, or related field; experience in HSS or supply chain management preferred.
· 5-8 years of technical assistance experience in gender or social norms programming with at least one prior management-level position.
· Proficiency with database management software, Microsoft Office Suite, and on-line search tools required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dari; fluency in Pashto highly desirable.
· Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
· Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with stakeholders.
· Prior work experience in a similar position within a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills and strong ability to manage and meet multiple tasks.
· Substantial experience of developing working relations with stakeholders and beneficiaries; government systems strengthening experience with a development agency preferred.
· Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for primary health and nutrition activities/ projects highly desired.
- Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply