|Date Posted:||May 31, 2010|
|Reference:||VA # GND 026 May 30 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The specific objective of this assignment of the Material Development subcontractor will be to revise and finalize the Women and Politics Manuals and Materials. The revision should be conducted with coordination with STEP Gender and Public Outreach teams. The material will be used for the Gender training program in Kabul to increase and build the capacity of young women in Afghanistan on issues related to political process and political participation. There are two Manuals. Manual 1 consists of 6 chapters and Manual 2 consist of 3 chapters and will be in Pashtu languages.
The subcontractor has to perform the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensuring that all the information in the manual used is set appropriately, and is updated and accurate. The information is also consistent with Afghan laws and political issues.
2. Linguistic revision to ensure a proper and unified Pashtu version of the Women and Politics Manuals. This include;
- Ensure the accuracy in terms of language, punctuation, grammar, bullets and numbering.
- Ensure that the language correspond to the content and the technical structure,
- The editor should be careful that the sentences should not lose their comprehensiveness during the editing.
3. Revise each of the chapters (12-25 pages)
4. Conduct final revision to ensure harmony and consistency in the Manual
1. Revise and edit Women and Politics Manuals (9 chapters)
ï‚§ Advanced university degree
ï‚§ 5-10 years experience in editing and writing.
ï‚§ Excellent planning skills
ï‚§ Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
ï‚§ Solid computer skills in Word and Excel