|Date Posted:||Dec 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 11, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) began as an agency that provided licenses to companies wishing to invest in Afghanistan. AISA has now evolved into a pro-active institution on promoting and attracting investment to Afghanistan. AISA, having its main office in Kabul and regional offices in Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-i-sharif, Nangharhar, Khost, Kunduz, Paktia, Faryab and Helmand province, delivers a wide range of services to investors all over the country.
ïƒ˜ Source, compile and maintain statistical data from various sources
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Collection of data related to real sector statistics, fiscal statistics, trade statistics and monetary statistics.
2) Evaluates the accuracy and validity of statistical data.
3) Interpretation of qualitative and/or quantitative information within a public policy context.
4) Make the progress report.
5) Develops contacts within the research and policy communities.
6) Writes correspondence in response to requests from public officials.
7) Prepares and makes formal presentations based on research.
8) Conducting meeting with the different ministries regarding investment opportunities and identification of investment areas.
9) Collection of reports from Ministries and Donor organizations.
10) Organizes research seminars, forums, and panels.
11) Writes the minutes of the department meetings and other research related meetings.
12) Attends appropriate conferences, hearings, and meetings that provide contacts and policy-related information.
13) Other duties as assigned.
â€¢ Bachelor Degree in Statistics or Economics.
â€¢ Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English as well as Local.
â€¢ Significant experience (minimum two years) with statistical software packages.
â€¢ Training in proposal and report writing.
â€¢ Willingness to work in a team environment