|Date Posted:||Jul 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Bank-e-Millie Afghan:
Bank-e- Millie Afghan (BMA) was the first financial institution established in Afghanistan in 1933. Similarly, it was the first financial institution established in a public private partnership set up with 72 percent share held by private sector. As a first bank in Afghanistan, BMA introduced formal banking services to the people and government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Since then, the banks competitive strength and ongoing market leadership philosophy lays in its strong capital base and proven trustworthiness.
In 1976, it was fully nationalized by the government of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, BMA is a leading banking in providing modern and secure banking services. Securing depositors' funds is the top priority of the bank. At the same time, the bank is contributing considerably to the development of manufacturing, agriculture, services, and international trade in the country. BMA is operating based on strong corporate governance principles, financial risk management and strict compliance to keep its credibility and trust. BMA has 15 city branches in Kabul and 21 provincial branches and equity investments in United States of America and England. And it is celebrating its 86th years of fame
Serves as a coach and provides leadership to the information technology department under the general direction of the Bank CEO. To determine end user requirements and provide IT leadership throughout the process of systems implementation.
Provinces to travel:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
Computer hardware and software systems and programs
Computer networks, network administration, and network installation
Computer viruses and security
E-mail and internet programs
an understanding of the northern economic, cultural and political environment
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
management and supervisory skills
ability to install and administer computer
hardware, software, and networks
team building skills
analytical and problem-solving skills
effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
effective written communications skills
computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, word-processing, graphics and website development programs at a highly proficient level
stress management skills
time management skills
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
be honest and trustworthy
possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To ensure the bank’s network is at all times protected by implementing and supporting endpoint protection such as antivirus, Network and host‐based intrusion prevention, patch management solution, internet gateways and content filtering systems.
2. To enforce the bank’s ICT policies for good IT governance by ensuring that installations, systems configurations and user practices adhere to industry standards and best practices.
3. To ensure systems uptime, availability and security of all key applications such as CBS, Email and internet connectivity.
4. To enforce and manage disaster recovery strategies ‐ Plan and implement to ensure recoverability in case of systems failure.
5. To research and make positive advocacy on the adoption of new innovative technologies that support the bank’s strategy.
6. Perform any other task or duty which is assigned by the CEO.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
IT managers usually hold at least a bachelor's degree in a computer-related field, although a master's degree will be highly preferred for this position. These professionals also need to have IT work experience, and requirements may range from five years of experience