|Date Posted:||Jan 24, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 29, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Generator and Vehicle Mechanic will perform a variety of functions relating to project support under the direction of the Camp Manager. The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Repair and maintain generators, vehicles and heat exchanges.
2. Diagnose and correct basic mechanical problems with generator and vehicle engines.
3. Conduct complete repairs on generators and vehicles, including mechanical and electrical systems.
4. Conduct complete overhaul and repair efforts on generator and vehicle engines.
5. Repair and maintain office and residential heat exchangers.
6. Carry out any other related duties requested by the Logistics Manager.
â€¢ Minimum 1 to 2 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in the field
â€¢ Experience in working with a large NGO would be an advantage
â€¢ Secondary education is essential
â€¢ Good knowledge of English required
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability