|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Safi Engineering Services:
Safi Engineering Ltd is one of the fastest growing & registered company in Afghanistan Government, Safi Engineering Ltd is designated Perkins product dealer for Afghanistan since 2007.
Safi Engineering Ltd has through activity supported Afghan reconstruction effort through deployment of Perkins products in various facets of Afghan Economy Our steadily growing customer base includes but not limited to Afghan Government, International coalition forces, United Nation organizations, International and national defense and civilian Contractors NGOs banks industries, and Telecom, sector companies, Safi Engineering (SES) provides sale and support for Perkins brand of Generators from 9KVA to 2200 KVA with one year manufactured warranty and immediate services.
Safi Engineering Ltd. has an exciting opportunity available for a Mechanical Engineer maintaining generators for the Elevated Sensor platforms supporting our Regional Support Center in Kabul and other province of Afghanistan. The role will be as a Generator Test and Repair Technician to work at the front end of the delivery of our operation. This position can require the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure with team members. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
Requires travel to provinces:
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Must have proven experience working on industrial or commercial Power Generating equipment.
- 3-6 years of mechanical maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated experience performing Gasoline/Diesel Engine rebuild and Dynameter testing of rebuilt engines.
- Two years in troubleshooting, fault finding, and repair of electrical equipment.
- Working knowledge of generator including secondary distribution and interior systems.
- Knowledge of generator parallel systems.
- Experience with the use of common hand and powered tools, fixtures, templates, and associated refurbishment and modification equipment.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Stock control and asset management.
- Industry and trade certifications.
- Experience in a forward-facing customer support role.
- Hands-on experience with electrical circuits, power cables, controls, and motors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The role will be as a Generator Test and Repair Technician to work at the front end of the delivery of our operation. This position can require the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperature Role Responsibilities:
· Generator Engineer is responsible for problem resolution for our customers related to Mechanical/Electrical components of the generator and relevant auxiliaries.
· Being multi-disciplinary engineering team, it will be expected to have flexibility to learn gas turbine, steam turbine operational aspects in addition to primary job responsibilities.
· The engineer is also responsible for assisting engineering manager and engineering team for various customer support engineering activities.
· Support the operation and maintenance of MHPS generators and relevant auxiliary systems during scheduled/forced outage as well as during the normal operation.
· Support the operation and maintenance of non-OEM generators and relevant auxiliary systems during scheduled/forced outage as well as during the normal operation.
· Prepare and write generator technical reports, technical procedures, etc. following the instruction of the Engineering Manager.
- Perform troubleshooting, fault isolation and field maintenance repair for a variety of power commercial generation equipment; other military design generators and ECUs.
- Install and remove generators from fixed and mobile locations.
- Rebuild and repair generator engines, head gaskets, seals, water pumps, fuel pumps, torque heads, belts and hoses.
- Disassemble, clean, modify (as required), repair and reassemble power generator in accordance with applicable technical manuals (TMs).
- Remove and replace fluids.
- Functionally test generators after making repairs.
- Inspects hydraulic systems for wear, leaks and proper fluid level IAW manufacturer’s specifications.
- Participates in the opening and closing of work orders and in on-the-job training (OJT).
- Maintain thorough knowledge of, actively practice, and promote safe working conditions.
- Performs the installation, calibration, operation, maintenance, modification, testing, troubleshooting and repair of systems of a highly complex nature.
- Travel to customer sites for short or extended periods of time to install, remove, or maintain equipment.
- Complete necessary paper work which may include data entry and general use of relevant computer systems and software as directed
- Performs corrective and preventive maintenance as well as other activities assigned at assigned work location.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- College Degree from Mechanical Engineering plus 3 years’ experience, or High School diploma and 6 years of experience
- Specialized knowledge of engines with the ability to perform engine repairs.
- Specialized knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, and/or Hydraulic Equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of and capability in reading and understanding schematics.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals to include blue prints and technical drawings.