|Date Posted:||Jan 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 11, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About RIZ Strategy Consulting:
National Emergency Operations Center (NEOC) for Polio Eradication, Afghanistan is the central location from which to coordinate the interventions for fighting against polio in the country. It provides a platform for all stakeholders to work directly and collaboratively, share information in real time, and formulate a joint plan of action. EOC under the leadership of National PEI & EPI Focal Polio (Senior Advisor of Public Health Minister) allowing for more immediate coordination and cooperation within the government and along with stakeholders at different levels. EOCs generate quicker, better synchronized, and more effective emergency responses to the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) Program in Afghanistan.
Monitoring and Evaluation Unit is an integral component under the NEOC structure with the overall role to assess the PEI program is achieving its set targets as describe in the program strategic document, National Emergency Action Plan (NEAP)2020
Work will consist of generator operation, wirings, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, light fixtures, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the National EOC.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain and operationalization of high capacity generators
· Wiring and cabling of electrical system indoors and out-doors
· Install new or modified electrical installations consistent with local and national codes.
· Plan electrical installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring
· Prepare and present sketches showing location of wiring and equipment.
· Follow diagrams, blueprints and interrupt specifications.
· Supervise and lead a work crew in a team environment
· Accountable for all electrical equipment, materials and tools on the work
· Maintain all work sites clean and in order
· Demonstrate safe work habits and proper care of equipment and tools
· Complete all required paperwork
o Maintain and repair electrical equipment and engine generators; perform work on associated control circuit equipment.
o Install, maintain, and repair building circuits and related equipment.
o Maintain electrical pneumatic and electronic controls
· Ability to work at heights on aerial lifts, scaffolding, stepladders and/or extensions ladders
· Ability to work in confined spaces
· Possesses advanced customer service skills with excellent communication ability
· Possesses superior repair and troubleshooting capability in electrical systems
· Ability to respond to emergency calls
· Maintain and repair the solar power system
· Being able to work on outdoors and indoors at different weather conditions
· Fulfilling any other related tasks that may be assigned by supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Knowledge of the rules of safety, especially as they relate to electrical work
· Knowledge of standard parts and catalogs used by electrical distributors
· Skill in the application of methods used in the trade, in the use of hand tools, testing equipment and safe installation of new and replacement parts
· Ability to read wiring diagrams, schematics, and technical manuals, and to implement that knowledge in actual performance
· Ability to plan work and keep accurate records of work performed and materials used
· Ability to diagnose electrical difficulties and to maintain, adjust, repair, and replace electrical systems and components
· Ability to know the scope of functioning of AC and DC power
· Knowledge of Solar power and solar power operation at buildings
· Knowledge of big capacity generators operation, maintain, repair and operate it.