|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Technologists Inc. (Ti):
Ti (Technologists, Inc.) is a major construction company.
· Develop all geotechnical engineering design parameters based on field information gathered at his/her directives;
· Oversee all testing performed at the material lab and reports generated thereof;
· Perform soil bearing test at the field; and
· Prepare mix designs for structural concrete as well as bituminous and aggregated mix designs for roadway base course based on material sample available at project sites.
Requires travel to provinces:
- In-depth knowledge in ASTM, ACI, AASHTO, USBR and USACE codes and standards.
- Be capable of sampling, testing, tests result interpretation of construction material and mix designs.
- In-depth knowledge in SPT tests, Tri-axial tests and Lugen tests
- Taking part in geo-technical of at least one dam project is preferable.
- Knowledge and using of Plaxis software is preferable.
- Speaking fluently in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The geological Engineer shall carry out geological survey for the whole alignment. The evaluation shall be done as follows for Ti’s review and use for the design.
The Geological Engineer shall review, analyze and assess the collected data and visual condition survey / inspection of the project site. This task shall include the following and any additional work recommended by the client:
1. Collection of available Geological and Seismicity Maps;
2. During site inspection along the existing road, the geological conditions will be assessed from both edges of the road through the surveying of geological existing units, rock type and quality, fracturing pattern, hazards (rockfall potential areas, potential avalanche areas), ground water conditions, lake status on top of mountain, etc...The geological maps for the surrounding areas will also be evaluated to confirm presence of faults, major discontinuities, etc. to further understand the mountain nature.
3. Dip and strike angles for outcropping rocks along the whole alignment.
4. The remedial and stabilization measures along the whole alignment, with suitable solution for each case.
5. The existing trench (currently excavated for fiber optic and water pipes) shall be inspected to provide information on the expected subgrade at regular intervals of 250m.
6. Any potential instability at the edge of the road (towards downslope direction) due to presence of loose top soil or fill which may require shotcreting or protection.
7. Geological mapping as per Ti samples.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Parwan
The candidate shall be at least BSc degree in Geology with 5 years of experience in the related field or MSc degree in the related field with 3 years of experience in the related field with the following qualifications and experience: