|Date Posted:||Jul 17, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
inequities to enable all children, adolescents and women to have access to quality basic services and fulfil their rights to survival, development, protection and participation.
The Education component of the CP builds upon the current status of basic education in the country and contributes to the national efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs 4& 5).
The Education component is in line with the ongoing Education Reform agenda and National Education Strategic Plan (NESP III 2017-2021), contributing to the following priorities: a) Increased Gross Enrolment Rate to 131.6% in primary education, 95.4% in lower secondary, and 65.4% in upper secondary education; and b) Increased enrolment in General Education to 11.4 million children.
UNICEF Outcome statement: Girls and boys of school age, especially vulnerable children in deprived provinces and areas, access primary education that is progressively child friendly and demonstrates improved learning outcomes.
 Current NESP III Targets as per original proposal targets were defined from NESP II
The Girls ‘Education Senior Technical Specialist will be responsible to strengthen the inter-sectoral collaboration at both ACO and field office level for more effective programmes with focus on Girls’ Education, and Provide advice and support to the Minister's office to ensure timely program implementation.
The Girls ‘Education Senior Technical Specialist will work with all ministerial departments to Support the process of gender mainstreaming in MoE policies, programs, operational plans, and capacity building programs to increase girls’ enrolment and retention.
Additional responsibility will be supporting all UNICEF related Education activities, especially those related to Girls ‘Education, with the objective of ensuring that all ministry official at central and provincial levels are equipped with the needed technical and managerial skills to effectively respond to any type of education needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Girls’ EducationSenior TechnicalSpecialist include, but not limited, to:
· Support development of the Action Plan for Girls Education Strategy
· Ensuring girls ‘education as sustained priority at the MoE and facilitate the planning of girls education programmes at national level
· Lead the General Education Technical Working Group with the UNICEF every quarter and on ad hoc to ensure coordination with partners/donors and key line ministries for the implementation of girls’ education policy and strategy
· Strengthen MoE capacity in GBV prevention and response
· Facilitate the Establishment and roll out platforms for adolescents' advocacy on children's rights
· Improve adolescent girl’s well-being through participation in sport (S4D)
· Master or Bachelor degree in education, public policy, public administration, Business Administration, Social Science or related areas
· At least seven years of experience with bachelor degree and five years of experience with master degree in planning, and implementation of projects and programs especially related to Girls’ Education interventions.
Skills and Competencies
· Proven competence and experience in the implementation of the Girls ‘Education intervention
· Strong leadership, team building skills staff management and capacity building experience
· Excellent writing and reporting skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages
· Experience in policy formulation, data maintenance and good analytical skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent communication skills
Languages: Written and Spoken fluency in English, Pashto and Dari languages is a must